1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.COM says Butler most likely to Houston or Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Guy, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Butler winding up somewhere in Texas is most likely, with Washington probably deciding between Dallas' and Houston's competing offers before next week's All-Star Game. The Wizards are determined to get a young player back, though, and the Mavericks' only non-geezer is rookie guard Rod Beaubois -- while Houston has a young guard like Kyle Lowry and an expiring big man contract in forward Luis Scola to pair with McGrady's $22 million expiring deal.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/02/08/morning.tip/

Morey should be shot if its Lowry, Scola and McGrady. I dont believe it. Somewhere else in the article is something about Tyrus Thomas I believe...

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rod Beaubois? Okay, we can beat that with draft picks and/or Newly, Taylor or one of those other foreign guys I don't even know about yet. No need to dip into a rotational player.

3. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

It's probably more of an either-or thing, like Tmac + Scola OR Tmac + Lowry.

I'm not saying that's what we should do, I'm just saying I can't imagine they think they're getting both.

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Its also David Aldridge...might as well lock this one up... :rolleyes:

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

unless houston gets back mcgee, butler, and their upcoming first round pick no way to doing a deal if it includes both scola and lowry

but i am going to guess they mean either lowry or scola which i can see houston kind of stepping back from as both of them are better than beaubois (who isnt too bad)

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'd probably do Butler/Haywood/James for McGrady/Scola. But I wouldn't do it if we had to toss in Lowry, too.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'll stick with my original demands of...TMAC/Bud/#1 for Butler/Haywood/Stevenson(if they insist him over James)

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What's wrong with David Aldridge?

I'm not saying he doesn't throw things on the wall to see if they stick, but it seems as if the de facto response to these types of threads is, it's [fill in the blank], so don't believe it.

It's not exactly hoopsworld we're talking about, or Peter Vescey.

I'd rather give up Scola than Lowry. I think Landry is deserving of a starting spot, and can play 30-35 mpg a night. Plus Scola is older and likely will require a higher salary as a FA in the offseason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Scola fan, but if Washington requires something in return, as they should, I'd rather give up Scola than Lowry or a draft pick (seeing as said draft pick could be in the lottery).

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'd do this one too. We would miss Scola but he might command a bit too much money. However, we would replace him with Haywood so I'm ok with that.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

technically we can include scola and then have money to resign him, right?

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd do this too, but why would Washington? Both Haywood and James are expiring contracts (like McGrady). So they save one year of Butler's salary in exchange for a draft pick and the right to sign Scola and McGrady in the offseason as one of their own FA's instead of Haywood and James.

Doesn't seem like that great a deal for them...though better than the Dallas kid.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Of the stuff that's posted from Aldridge, I haven't seen any of it come true. If you have some examples where he was right, it would help open my eyes.
    Appreciate it.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this is also worth mentioning:

The Wizards' desire to move Butler has only increased in recent days, since they found out they will indeed get some cap relief from the NBA this season after losing Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton to suspension for the rest of the season. Washington's cap number will be reduced almost $4 million, according to sources -- pro-rated amounts of the remainder of Arenas's $16.1 million and Crittenton's $1.47 million salaries -- taking its cap number to a little more than $74 million. The cap threshhold is $69.9 million, meaning Washington could avoid paying tax if it can pare another $4 to $5 million in salaries off its books.

That means Butler, though I suspect the Wizards will ask inquiring teams to remove Mike James and/or DeShawn Stevenson from their payroll as well.

14. Prince

Prince Member

No Scola this year, It's TANK time.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

$10 million in cap savings next season plus Bird Rights to Scola.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

untradeables- Bud,scola,lowry,hayes

Must trade- Battier,cook, temple, adelman.

17. worzel gummidge

Beaubois will be better than Brooks next season.

I feel there's a good chance of a 3 way trade inolving Wiz, Rockets, and Cavs.

Wiz: McGrady

Rockets: Butler, Big Z (clause in contract has 75% of salary already paid for by Cavs)

Cavs: Jamison

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Really bro?

19. worzel gummidge

Wiz aren't interested in Scola. They want young players or picks.

20. Yak

Yak Member

Roddy will probably be the best prospect the Wizards could get in a deal for Butler.

Any and every GM would take a expirings + Beaubois over TMac + Taylor/Llull