1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com]Rockets ranked 24th on offseason grades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's so annoying! NBATV is normally pretty good, but DA makes me change the channel.

The guy is basically saying losing Josh Smith is a bigger deal than adding Ty Lawson... Lol

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The things is we gave up players that are essentially not part of the rotation, and a likely late 1st round pick in the future, for Lawson. If Lawson doesn't play, we've opened up room for our draft picks to play. No downside.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

That's pretty surprising coming from him. But I suppose you can only BS against the Rockets so much when they are 2 deep at every position and still have your integrity in tact.

4. Raven

Raven Member

After decades of reading biased and flawed sports analysis, I'm still surprised at how little thought or insight went into his list. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Pro sports media is useless. Pathetic.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget the Rockets, my favourite was Chicago at #5 when they have just kept the team together and replaced Thibs with Hoiberg. Replacing a grumpy but proven winner with a non-NBA head coach (and thus a question mark) is better than what 25 other teams did? Odd.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He might have been talking about Joey Dorsey - that was a huge loss.

7. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I guess he won't understand how badly we needed a second ball handler.

9. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yeah, his ranking really makes 0 sense. Essentially the only players lost were midseason acquisitions and maybe Jason Terry. Meanwhile the Rockets added (while keeping the former starter) a potential All Star PG, a 1st round pick, and a high 2nd round pick.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I agree,

and Joe Buck is probably the worse NBA play by play guy ESPN ever hired also.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Others have said it but I need to say it too. What the hell is this guy on? 24th after our offseason? Losing Josh is significant but he wasn't really essential to the team. He'll be remembered for his role in dunking Dallas to oblivion and of course game 6 against LAC, but we'll be better overall with the changes made (assuming health). Isn't that what he should be grading us on? Whether we have gotten better or not?

12. battousai

battousai Member

Wish people like DA would either go broadcast Golf or Hockey instead of Basketball. I can understand why some people in the media are biased and can be biased. However, DA is just plain dumb. If he is smart enough, he will see and should have our ranking higher and then maybe add his hater line in there, at least the ranking is justified and fair. No we are lower than Dallas where they basically in a rebuilding mode. This is just stupid to even take his ranking anymore than a piece of trash.

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

HAHA WUT?!

He ranked us below the team where he cited their "Key Man" as their new chief operating officer.

Ridiculously next level ESPN ****.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Weren't we really low last season??