1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com: Rockets 2004-2005 Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Aug 2, 2004.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's obviously the Pythagorean Theorem (a2 + b2 = c2)... If not that I'm pretty sure it alternates from season to season like the NFL does.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The NFL used to have a "formula" to determine which division of the other conference you play (rotation) and which non-division teams you play (last year's record). I am thinking the NBA might have something similar.

Yeah, I've already told everybody I was math-challenged. :p

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Our schedule is like murder in November and don't be surprised to see us ending 6-10 after first month's play. I will be thrilled to see that we go 8-8.

4. Tim

Tim Member

The red and gold ones. We thought playing 4 home games in "San Diego" uniforms would be too confusing.

And, yes, the "Little Caesar's" logo is part of that era.

Tim

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Here is my observation of the schedule since all the easy ones have been mentioned already.

The Rockets play every Eastern conference team once before we play the Sonics once. That's odd.

Tim, a couple of questions....

(1), will the Rockets wear a home jersey from the champioship years in their retro nights? in 02-03, the Rockets wore the road jersey for a home game.

(2) for retro jersey nights, will it be a home white jersey or a road colored jersey? If the Rockets wear a road jersey at home, is it because the retro colored jersey is a better seller than it's white counterpart?

6. g1184

g1184 Member

man, for those of us going to college, the lineup of games during christmas break is like the crap parade.

7. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I don't know the formula.
    I just know Houston had 4th best record in the SW div.
    Minn, Den had 1st and 2nd best record in the NW div.
    GS, LAC had 3rd and 5th in the Pac div.

I am sure they balance the strength of the teams out somehow.

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I can do Red and Gold, but really hope to see the Green and Gold someday. It's still part of our history, and both Hall of Famers Rudy T and Calvin wore them at one time.

Im very excited to hear we are going to have a retro nights!

Last year some teams wore their retro night jersey for many games. Any word if that will be the case with us?

Thanks for all the info Tim, you made my day!

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

holy crap 33 nationally televised games. 24 on tv? nice!

10. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Anyone know where i can get a vernon maxwell retro jersey from?!? that would be sooo cool

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the first 7 games suck, january has a bad stretch, and the 19 games in 34 days at the end sucks.

the schedule at the end is nice and we better make some hay at the end of december. look at those last 9 games. is there any team we shouldn't be decidedly better than in that stretch? a nice 9-0 or 8-1 stretch would sure be nice before launching back into january.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

damn it's good to see the crappy east teams get shafted. according to your count, the bobcats, raptors, hawks, bulls, wizards, and celtics have fewer combined national tv games (3) than the warriors (4).

13. Matador

Matador Member

Its great to see all the national tv games.

Does anyone know the breakdown of how many national tv games each team got?

I wonder how the Rockets ranked in national tv games.

14. Tim

Tim Member

Here's the rules on retro jerseys so far:

We can use them for up to 4 home games a year.

If we're on the road against a team that is doing one of their retro nights, they can request that we do the same, although it'd be our option. (Although since most teams typically do their "away"/"color" versions of retro unis, this usually doesn't happen -- can't have both teams in dark uniforms.)

We can't designate any night as a retro uniform night before January 5th. This is just to make sure that Reebok has enough time to produce all the merchandise, among other reasons.

They're going to be the original Houston Rockets uniforms -- the ones after the San Diego green and gold but before what became the championship uniforms. We did the championship uniforms two seasons ago, and got a lot of requests to bring these back. (We didn't do retro nights last year because we didn't want to interfere with the launch of the new uniform.)

Tim

15. dean

dean Member

yeah, that sucks. i think the reason is because the warriors can play at the 10:30 ET timeslot. so the nba mightve used them for some fillers at that time, so its not Kings/Lakers/Suns/Nuggets all the time for the latenight games.

16. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Tim, Could you make sure that they produce T-Mac and Yao Authentics for these Retro Night Uni's?

I know a lot of people that were crushed that a Yao Authentic Retro wasnt issued in the 2002-03 season. You dont have to make many of them, just please make enough for those of us that do want them, we'll find them. I know many people dont buy authentics and will settle for replicas and swingmans, but I would at least like the choice to purchase an authentic.

I also hope that we can get shooting shirts, trucker caps, tee shirts from this era as well

I noticed a lot of teams on their retro nights updating their website store with replica, swingman, and authentic jerseys with all the trimmings of shooting shirts, caps, and tees. When it came time for the Rockets Retro Night.....nothing. There were still Yao Replicas a plenty in mall stores, and if you were lucky you could find a Francis Swingman, if you were REALLY lucky you could find a Francis Authentic, and you can still find a few hats and swingmans around, but still zero Rockets Retro gear at the online store.

These are just a few observations of how I think we could improve Rockets Retro Nights. I am one of the many fans that really look forward to this night. I am also an avid sports collecting enthusiast (jerseys, shoes, and action figures). There are many sites where people do nothing but discuss these type of things, and I know quite a few that even hang out on here from time to time;)

p.s. On the Last Retro Night, the D.J. really did a good job taking you back with the Old School Jams. I CANT WAIT TO EXPERIENCE RETRO NIGHTS AGAIN!!!

If you would like some fan input on this feel free to email me Beverb95@yahoo.com
    I'm full of ideas and have a good idea of what the fans that buy this stuff want.

#76 Gummi Clutch, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Tough start, but a pretty breezy finish. Kinda like the opposite from last season.

18. Sane

Sane Member

I'm predicting 52-30 and 4th seed.

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'd be real careful if I were the person receiving your advice. I own rental property and I can think of numerous ways to prohibit a dish on my property. I treat my tennants extremely fairly but I'd take a real offense to a "there's nothing you can do about it" attitude.

20. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Is there a way to find out how many Rockets games NBA League Pass channels will cover next year?