1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] power rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fya, Mar 18, 2005.

1. fya

fya Member

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

3. fya

fya Member

lol.....#7? no respect.

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

For real. We only move up one spot after beating 4 of the top teams in the comferance.:confused:

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

pretty simple how they ordered them. They put them in order by win streak, +/- a spot if they are on a win/losing streak. Must be an intern.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Leave the intern alone, lets not distract her from the most important part any interns job description. Having sex with nba.com employees in the hope of gainful employment.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

#7??

Bah- no wonder everyone uses espn.com for thier NBA news.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Judging by their comments, it seems like they base their rankings in large part on the teams' upcoming schedules. That's pretty dumb IMO.

9. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Gosh, I hate to say it but I think we are exactly where we should be. There's no disrespect here. Not one iota of disrespect.

Being 7th in the league is no big deal. We're still what, 5th in the West right now? That's better than we were placed in 1995.

Plus, and the ranking failed to mention this, we may not have Juwan Howard back before the postseason (or is he out for the whole year; I've heard/read different things).

I am proud of where we are. Our obstacle to the Finals is San Antonio. If S.A. is healthy, we're gonna have our hands full even if Juwan is back. But if we play right, we can beat anybody.

Don't foget how good the top three teams in the East are right now. Detroit, Miami and even Boston are playing very well right now. With that said, we can make the case for the sixth - tops 5th - best team in the league, but the difference between 7 and those figures is too much a matter of pure opinion to be worried about anyway.

Chill out. Watch the games. And make Duncan voodoo dolls.

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

-Been chillin' out since 5 this morning waiting for the game to start. (pathetic huh).
    -Only missed 4 games this year. (caught the rest on either TV, radio, or at Toyota Center respectively)
    -Did one better then make voodoo dolls, i hired Tonya Harding

:)

11. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

I use this BBS for any NBA related news. Espn and other sports networks are just too biased when it comes to Rockets. :p

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You know what? It's getting to be the same for me!

:D

J

13. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Man, what a slap in the face.

I guess I just don't understand what WEEKLY RANKING is intended to show.