1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bandwagon, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It remains to be seen, but our bench was nearly non-existent last year, hence the need for crazy minutes from Harden and Parsons. Our bench consistent of Lin, an inconsistent player and Asik, MIA for 40% of the regular season. Our bench was simply a big Ole zero.

Absent any major moves, Morey is trying to improve the squad with shooters and ballers, and I do agree with Morey that this team will be better than last year's by playoff time.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Rocket fans are very familiar with The Bear.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They play in the East, and LeBron is simply THAT good. 50-win team AT BEST?? I'd say 50-win team AT WORST. He took a Cleveland team that wasn't as talented to the NBA Finals out of the East 6-7 years ago, and the East has not gotten even the slightest bit better since then.

4. BandAidMan

BandAidMan Member

Tutored? What the hell does that mean? Three games came down to the last minute and could have gone either way. Rockets choked but they didn't get run off the court.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

More or less, yeah, around 45 wins. They won 49 last year... Should be about the same.

They have ZERO depth, improved slightly at C, downgraded majorly at PG, upgraded at SF, and downgraded majorly on the bench!

As soon as parsons became a Mav, people made him one of the most overrated players in the league. We replaced him with Ariza, and we could be better because of that. And parsons is supposed to make them title contenders? Get out of here with that!

6. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

So you predict they miss the playoffs too?

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The old "eye test" again? I don't make a habit of watching Mavs games, but I caught a few, including the playoffs. Check out these playoff numbers. I'll compare him to Asik in the playoffs, to use a very familiar measure. (Chandler wasn't in the playoffs. . . .)

Dalembert playoffs 2013-2014
    PER: 17.2
    REB per 100 poss.: 22.8
    BLK per 100 poss.: 3.9
    PTS per 100 poss.: 12.4
    ORtg: 121
    DRtg: 106
    OWS: 0.2
    DWS: 0.2

Asik playoffs 2013-2014
    PER: 9.1
    REB per 100 poss.: 15.6
    BLK per 100 poss.: 1.3
    PTS per 100 poss.: 11.1
    ORtg: 101
    DRtg: 113
    OWS: 0.0
    DWS: 0.1

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Btw, Cavs should be top 2-3.

I guess in a matter of weeks, we have all forgotten how good Lebron is. The fact that everyone is penciling the Bulls in ahead of the Cavs is just rediculous. We can't assume DRose is gonna come back as good as he was, IF he can even come back without getting "hurt" again. I'm sorry, a team lead by that flaky dude is not gonna beat a team lead by Lebron in the playoffs. Just stop it!

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No, where did you get that from??

They'll be about where the were last year in the 6-8 seed range. You really think that roster is top 4 in the league? Or even top 4 in the west?

10. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

45 wins in the west is out of the playoffs. You should know that by now.

11. Fyreball

Ok, but do you think they are a top 4 team in the West?? Do you actually think they're better than the Rockets at this point?? Parsons is not good enough to boost them into home court advantage (as we know very well around here), and this isn't 2011 anymore.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I said around 45 wins. Could be a few more, or a few less.

49 wins got them the 8 seedast year, 4 games isn't a huge difference. 45 wins absolutely could get the 8 seed.

Nice job ducking my questions though.

Do you really think the Mavs current roster (which they're pretty much locked in to) a top 4 team in league? Or even the west?

13. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

Mavs are better than the Rockets this year. Would be funny if ya play against each other in the playoffs 4/5 seed lol.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Care to explain why you think they'll be better than Hoston?

How I see it, we're better at PG, SG, and C. Neither team has a bench right now but we have the Lin TPE, MLE, BAE to add to our bench, not to mention the NOP Pick as a trade asset.

Even if you take positions out of it, our 2nd best player is better than their best player. It really hard to argue that the Mavs are better than the Rockets.

15. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

Keep telling me how you also have the best SG and C in the league. lol

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Because the year before Lebron left for Miami, Cleveland had the best record in the NBA. Then the year he left, Cleveland was the worst team in the nba and got the number 1 pick.

Cleveland will have the best record in the NBA again because they play in the East.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Alright, time for you to go!

You're obviously just trolling, or you're genuenly stupid when it comes to basketball. Tell me who is a better SG in the league please. Tell me who is a better C in the league please.

That's not even the argument though. You continue to ignore my question. I'm giving you the opportunity to convince me. I'm open minded. Explain to me how the Mavs are a better team than the Rockets. I've given you reasons why I believe the Rockets are better, now it's your turn.

18. Fyreball

Are you denying that we have the best center in the league?? Who's better? Noah? Harden might not be the BEST SG in the league, but he's definitely better than Monta Ellis. Their only significant advantage comes at the PF position, and that's not enough to net them a freaking 4 seed in the West. As a Spurs fan, you should know what it takes to win.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why even bother with that foolish Spurs fan? He lost all credibility on that single post alone.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Damnit, I just found out I was wiener cousins with James Harden.....