1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

You might be expecting too much. That's enough to top 17 of the last 20 season of scoring champs, including multiple seasons of Durant, Iverson, Bryant, LeBron, McGrady, and Jordan.

2. Dei

Dei Member

EIGHT-****ING-TEEN!?!? We lost that Portland game by a hair -actually, a no-call - by the end of regulation and fatigue in OT. We're 2-1. 2-1! What the **** do these people want?!

3. Dei

Dei Member

I am willing to give Harden the benefit of the doubt on whether or not he's as good as Durant.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

My intuition says Harden will average ~30ppg, just because he is free to shoot, and he is capable of scoring that much. But I'll hold my predication until I see how he reacts when other teams start to jam the lane, force him to score outside most of the time.

5. CertifiedTroll

I can see Harden hitting around 30 ppg, he is on a team that will inflate his stats now

6. sidestep

sidestep Member

I'd put it rather that he is now on a team that doesn't artificially suppress his per-game stats.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Suppress his stats in order to pay him less ....

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Muhahaha............
    Rumor confirmed: It was Durant who was holding back Harden from a scoring title!

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

For a team who was rank in the late twenties, eighteen is not bad at all.

A decent rank for an uprising team.

Will find out where we stack in the middle of the season.

Regarding Harden, I see him scoring more than 20 points a game but no more than 40 a game consistently.

10. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Not one for taking a risk are you?

I think its safe to say (considering he averaged 16-18 ppg off the bench with Thunder) he will score more than 20.. and I've never seen someone score consistent 40's

I feel like he's on track for 28-30ppg, it'd be nice to have someone step up and take some load off his shoulders though
    Looks like mook might be the man, who would have guessed that??

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

They played very good D so far.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

24 points = cooling off

right...

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Stop Please!..Harden is no where near Durant's level

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

They want someone else other than Harden to pick up the slack.

15. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Here are the ranks from NBA.com, ESPN, and Yahoo!.

NBA.com - 18
    http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

ESPN - 16
    http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

Yahoo! Sports Power Rankings - 16

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-power-rankings--lakers-drop-05021909.html

16. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

SI power rankings for week 1 :)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...t-los-angeles-lakers/index.html?sct=uk_t12_a0

1) Miami
    2) Spurs
    3) New York
    4)Clippers
    5)OKC
    6) LA
    7) Dallas
    8) Boston
    9)Memphis
    10) Nets
    11) Houston up from 27...

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

its not an issue, hardens production. He missed alot of shots he would very normally make. the main concern is where the help can come from, even if Lin rediscovers some magic we need more consistent relief from somwhere.

18. Nero

Nero Member

They key for Harden will actually be the emergence of a second legitimate scorer to take the defensive pressure off of the Beard.

Because if one DOESN'T step up, then any decent defensive coach will just jam him all game long and take their chances with the other guys on the floor.

Lin could do it, but he has his own issues to deal with, and we really need someone besides Lin to be that additional guy.

I keep thinking it will have to be D-Mo. Of all the the guys who have not seen the floor yet this year, he is the one who could light it up. It was going to be Lamb, but Harden made Lamb redundant anyway, so now it has to be one of the big fellas.

It's not going to be Pat, and it is going to take a long long time for Morris to earn genuine trust, instead of just showing occasional flashes.

Jones COULD be it, but it seems to me that D-Mo's game of slick inside scoring as well as (hopefully) solid outside shooting is tailor-made for taking the heat off of Harden, especially when he penetrates, he can dish down low or kick it out high, D-Mo can set up either way, depending on what the defense gives, and Harden should be able to find him.

So you have Lin and D-Mo on the floor, this opens things up tremendously for Harden. Jones MAY be able to fill the same role, depends on how reliable his outside shot becomes.

As for White, I really would ideally like to see him groomed as the back for the 'big playmaker' role that Harden occupies now, so those two will probably rarely share the floor.

Now if Parsons can get himself rolling as well, then this offense could end up being legitimately scary for any opponent.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yes. We need a third legitimate option and the 4 is where its likely to come from (or needs to?). I hope very much Dmo and Jones really progress well to earn minutes and can be a post as well as a medium range jumper threat.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd feel really good about this team if Lin becomes our 3rd option. This means someone else steps up and contributes in a big way. Lin has tremendous vision and does a lot of things well, but relying on him to consistently score enough for us to win every night might just be asking too much from him.