1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Harden: "I am the MVP"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

When he doesn't get calls the guy completely breaks down. I'm feeling another disastrous playoffs for him... And I'm a huge harden homer

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Yup, I'm really starting to dislike him again. Also, he should've just kept his freaking mouth shut. Let your game do the talking like our championship teams!

3. illwil29

illwil29 Member

First off I love the Rockets. I like James Harden. I admit, I was skeptical of him at first because of his choke job in the finals, but that's a different topic. I would say he is the map of the regular season. Nobody in the league has had to endure the injuries to his supporting cast as him. He can't do it every night so my expectations are not that high. He has made strides this season. I would trade any regular season accolades for playoff success though. So if you ask me he is mvp of the regular season, but mvp of the finals has more relevance to me. Maybe us fans should send him fan mail to him so he can be put under hypnosis . I see a blank stare during big pressure moments. I don't see that confidence that he showcases in the regular season I see that blank Tony Romo stare. Even though I think Tony Romo shook it off this past post season. I just don't see that
    Micheal Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, Steve McNair confidence when the pressure is on. I played varsity basketball trust me pressure is real. It's what hindered T mac, Yao,Peyton manning, and Tony Romo for a while. Just be confident Harden you are the regular season mvp and let that confidence carry on in the playoffs and the rockets will get where we need to go.

4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

At this stage, Harden is a regular season player who hasn't shown anything to suggest he will succeed in the playoffs. In most of the important games I can remember, he has put in performances which you could consider, below his usual level. Having a look at his stats against the decent Western Conference teams, his points per game numbers against these teams are all below his season average bar the Blazers.

Memphis- 19.3
    Golden State- 25.3
    Clippers- 20
    San Antonio- 21.5

He averages 21.3 points per game against the South West Division...........

I know it's a simplistic way of looking at it but I'm still convinced most of his great games this year have been against mediocre teams. I'd love for him to prove me wrong and bring it in the playoffs but I will say it is unlikely.

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If his own fanbase is going to hate on him then don't go whining when others do.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Need to repost... tell me what you guys think.

8. boiler

boiler Member

Too many "****".

9. Handles

Handles Member

Haha awesome. Just part of the MVP's routine.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clutchfans after losses is nothing if not entertaining

11. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Lol are people seriously denouncing a top 5 player in the NBA who has carried us through the whole season due to recency effect...The Playoffs haven't even started yet...It's as if some would rather remain mediocre rather than roll with the punches of being a part of the title hunt

12. boozer13

boozer13 Member

Maybe hate is too strong a word, but yeah definitely disappointed. He should have put up at least one good performance during those back-to-back games with the spurs, but he couldn't and essentially blew his already-pretty-slim MVP chances and put his team in jeopardy in terms of the seeding.

And on a side note, I really don't like when players self-promote this way, calling themselves best player in the world or what not, it just comes across as arrogant and immature. Having confidence in your game is good - to a certain extent - but have some humility for gods sake, Harden just looks foolish after that comment with his recent performances.

13. hoopball

hoopball Member

Maybe hate is too strong a word, but yeah definitely disappointed. He should have put up at least one good performance during those back-to-back games with the spurs, but he couldn't and essentially blew his already-pretty-slim MVP chances and put his team in jeopardy in terms of the seeding.

And on a side note, I really don't like when players self-promote this way, calling themselves best player in the world or what not, it just comes across as arrogant and immature. Having confidence in your game is good - to a certain extent - but have some humility for gods sake, Harden just looks foolish after that comment with his recent performances.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No one is denouncing him as a top 5 player but you can't just turn away at his mediocre play during impact full games. It's becoming routine now. There's no denying the fact when Harden doesn't get his calls he's a completely different player. This isn't a very good sign for playoff success.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well...Harden is one of the most clutch players in the game today. He was the reason we were within one point and had a shot at winning the game in the first place.

He's so good in the 4th qtr that Popovic would rather not play basketball against Harden for an entire quarter, when he was forced to do so Harden still almost burned his team.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

More excuses. T-Mac had excuses too.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Alright, since he's never going to win anything like Tmac lets trade him now.

18. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

True, I understand your stance man...But I say wait until the Playoffs..Just as I stated when people we're saying that D12's career was essentially over after his knee injury...Howard has looked great in limited minutes thus far, I'd rather play the waiting game before making a forecast based upon a 2 game series against the Champs, who in addition have been crushing everyone including the Warriors by 15+ on a game by game basis...That's only fair right?

19. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Harden doesn't have a chance at MVP this year. Maybe next year!

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Your right that is completely fair. I just wouldn't be shocked if this isn the Harden that shows up in the playoffs. Especially if he isn't getting his calls. If people are saying he's isn't a top 5 player they are fools. I just said he isn't the MVP now.

On a side note Harden amd everyone else is Houston just need to stfu stop talking about MVPs, stop tweeting just stop talkingin genera . They are notbacking up their comments and its beggining to make us look foolish. Just play ball