1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Harden: "I am the MVP"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Apr 9, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

If Harden is who I think he is, losing the MVP will put more fuel to the fire. Now obviously we need to get out of the 1st round first as I dont think mvp results happen until 2nd round of the nba playoffs. He definitely doesn't get it if we lose in the 1st round.

2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, Curry is a great player with a lot of finesse that looks cool on Top 10, but put him in a situation where there's a rotating door of injuries to his team...would he still be flourishing? Take Klay or Bogut out of their equation for X number of games...what kind of season would they be having?

Since that's all hypothetical while we have Harden who's actually played through it and having a career year, Harden seems to have the edge.

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The opposite of KD's "you the real MVP" speech.

But he's right.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love how with several key games left on the schedule the media folks just were looking for a game like that so they could declare Curry the MVP early, and campaign on his behalf.

Look... Curry is more popular. The Warriors are SUPER popular especially with the Lakers & West coast media that are pretty much bandwagon fans regardless. The NBA is like a high school lunch room. Its all a popularity contest.

And not to take anything away from the Warriors or Curry. They have had a historic season. But lets be Frank about this. If its a media popularity contest which it definitely seems like, Harden was never going to win it to begin with.

I almost think the disposition will be good for this team once again going into the playoffs. They DEFINITELY have something to prove which is good for Harden and good for this team. Use it as fuel.

5. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I agree that Harden is not well-liked by the media, and that will ultimately deny him the MVP award.

In addition, it seems to me that whenever there is a round-table MVP discussion on TV, or an article (especially on Grantland) debating the MVP merits of the various players, the "pundits" still buy into this lazy b.s. narrative that Harden flops his way to the line 50 times a game and doesn't play a lick of defense. Hell, even the last Grantland article which argued FOR Harden's case did so in such a backhanded way, you could taste the author's resentment that James is even a candidate.

So any Harden detractors out there with a vote will happily use these out-dated arguments as justification for voting for Curry.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't stand how many people just repeat the line "Harden can't win because of his defense."

Did people even watch non-Warriors games this season? (I already know the answer).

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

May not be fair, but unless he has a big game tonight and the Rockets win, it is Curry for MVP, may be anyway.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I remember when David Robinson won MVP over Dream, let's hope we have the same outcome.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I see this statement 5 times every time I get on lol

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Let's examine some evidence. (2) 50+ point games, (10) 40+ point games, (35) 30+ point games ALL while missing 2/5ths and sometimes 3/5ths of his starting lineup.

[​IMG]

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dream destroying Robinson after that was one of the most poetic things that ever happened in sports.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

What the media will ignore:

Harden against Blazers - 44 pts, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 5 STEALS!, 1 Turnover
    Curry against Blazers - 45 pts, 10 assists, 2 rebounods, 0 steals, 4 Turnovers

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

tweet them that **** and remind them

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Also, Harden did it in less minutes.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Boy, It's crazy how fast media takes one game from Curry and blow it up. Harden has been doing.. all season.

16. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lmao every article is about curry on ESPN. smh

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Blake Griffin's pick for MVP is James Harden.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/586587474383613952">April 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Im not surprised with his decision Clippers absolutely hate the Warriors.