1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] For Rockets DMo What happens in Vegas shouldnt stay in Vegas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Jul 21, 2014.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He never gets post touches. It has always been his most valuable skill, it's the reason some of us have been so high on him and he never gets to do it. It was especially frustrating when we would go through those god awful lulls when the game bogged down to half court.

I just don't understand it.

And anybody that thought Jones was a better defender than D-mo last year clearly doesn't understand the game of basketball very well. Jones was comically bad.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

THIS. But I am NOT holding my breath on that.

To me, Mchale is the biggest issue this team has....

3. Remii

Remii Member

Obviously you haven't been watching D-Mo's defense in the summer league. He gets pushed around the paint like a 7 foot rag doll by guys who will be flipping burgers.

I think your understanding of the game of basketball should be in question.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lots of hyperbole here. Dmo isn't a center. He shouldn't be playing center. Tjones got the benefit of playing with Dwight which helped him some. I would have thought mchale would play dmo next to Asik some when he came back, but fat head doesn't think.

Dmo does better when he plays next to a true center. Someone that can do more banging so he can play more to his style.

1 person likes this.
  5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Dmo is just too inconsistent with his play. That is the bottom line on him. Even his post play can be wild at times, seems like he rushes shots up (flips them up real fast) instead of going to the rim strong. He doesn't put his body on other players on defense, especially on rebounds. He loses leverage too easily.

I hope he can figure these things out this year. I like him and he has potential to be a good rotational player for us. Good change of pace player with his outside shooting. But no coach will trust a inconsistent player. And before you say he needs playing time to get consistent, NO he has to show it in practice first.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

He has been the best player on the court in the summer league games....but its summer league and there just aren't many big guys that are NBA capable going against him.

Training camp, if he's still here, is huge for DMo this year. I sure hope he can step up to be a dependable rotation player.

7. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Was on mo's twitter saw that he followed a bunch of girls... some looked underage.
    DMo putting in work for the wrong reasons.

8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I think he'll be at the very least, a serviceable big man in our rotation. I think it's his 3rd year right? So that must mean that (unless he signed a Parsons' 4 year deal) it's his last meaningful year before he has to work for a new contract. Jones has showed he can put up stats but not consistently yet so there may be hope for Dmo to crack the rotation.

9. Pete the Cheat

those are the same problems every post big man goes through to start their career. the consistency only comes with reps. and for reps you have to stay on the court.

a large part of that is DMo's own doing. he needs to cut down on the ticky tack fouls where he is overplaying his man.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think the main problem with TWill is that Adelman just won't give him playing time. He just hates young players and only plays vets! How is a young player supposed to develop without being force fed 30 minutes per game regardless of effectiveness? If Popovich were here, TWill would be an all-star. Free Squid!

1 person likes this.
  11. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

Dmo being useful this year would require high quality coaching that figures out how to use him effectively. That ain't gonna happen.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This German dude will never amount to anything. He can't shoot, can't dribble, too soft, can't rebound. 7ft pile of trash. Why did we even draft Dirk? His name should be Dirt!! The faster we move on from this guy the faster we can find players that actually deserve the minutes. This dumb ass coach actually sees potential in this guy? Fiya him!! Then Cut Dirk!!

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

New sig

#teamDMo

14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

This is true and I agree, but I think milk hair has been trying to force him into being a stretch 4 when that's not his strength. While he has the ability to shoot the 3, his strength is his post game and not standing on the 3 point line. In the few Vegas SL games that I've seen, Finch has DMo posting up and playing inside which is why he's been a double-double machine and has been generating a lot of buzz... the lesser competition in the SL doesn't hurt either. Everything that I hear about DMo, though, is that he's a gym rat and is constantly working on improving his game, which gives me hope that he's eventually going to 'get it'.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DMo doesn't get post touches because Dwight gets whatever post touches there are. And when Dwight isn't getting post touches we have Harden massaging the ball. Either way, DMo gets to either stand outside to space the floor or rebound.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Clutchfans: where a player that can't beat Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Terrence Jones, Greg Smith, and Omri Cassipi in the rotation gets compared to Dirk Nowitzki.

1 person likes this.
  17. Zergling

Zergling Member

McHale really dropped the ball by not giving D-Mo a chance to play in the last 2 postseasons. At some point you have to realize you have no chance to win a championship and should think long term.

1 person likes this.
  18. Remii

Remii Member

What does any of that matter CH when mostly all of clutchfans say there's no problem with the offense...? The offense is efficient and high scoring so what's the concern with getting D-Mo the ball more...?

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's great to see DMo developing into the player we hoped...a beautiful thing indeed....Perhaps he'll stay a Rocket after all.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It truly is astounding he's brought into games to set picks on the perimeter and give hand offs to guards.

But honestly, what have I ever seen from McHale to indicate he'd do the sensible, common sense thing and put him in the post - considering he has some of the best post moves in the entire League.