1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Criticized for not winning enough, Tracy McGrady vindicated by Hall of Fame selection

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 2, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not we kept McGrady and fired JVG. Les came to the conclusion and worked that out.

Adelman was a very good coach but he has not won a championship either, came close but never materialized. With the Kings and with the Blazers.

He got here when McGrady and Yao already established themselves as cornerstones. So I think he did not get full say in that.
    Right when he got comfortable here, McGrady declined and Yao's injury flared up. Rick did not extend his contract.

Where did I say I celebrated intensively? I did not even open a bottle of beer. I just want to point things out that is positive about his career.

And stop with Pippen. That dude stayed a tad longer than Derek Fisher here who was not a Rocket in my books, EVER!

Mac played 5 or 6 seasons here. If you count the injuries, it aint that long but long enough to consider him a Rocket.

#21 daywalker02, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think him getting in the hall of fame erases any playoff failures for the Rockets.
    It definitely does so in some fans here who find him to be his favorite player though.

It does justify that he was a great player statistically and a popular one too.
    No one can deny that was an all star and top talent

he's demarcus cousins before demarcus cousins

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As nobody would suggest otherwise. His time here was indeed tainted.

But the other reason he got into the HOF was because of his Orlando time which was when he was the most athletic and exciting WING player back then.

That is the time I came to watch and know this guy named Tracy and he had the No.1.

Which is why the Rox decided to trade for him. He left a mark then.

Cousin's way to score is that of a light elefant bully, he aint as explosive.
    He is a more refined bigger Artest aka Metta.

His dilemma is he is no leader that is right, but he wasn't on a good team. Not yet.

I would want to watch Cousins perform in the playoffs tho. Did not happen much or at all.

#23 daywalker02, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

But he couldn't carry a #8 seed Vaughn, Giricek, DeClerkc and Gooden starting five to a win over a championship squad with Wallace, Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Okur and Robinson, dragging the team down with 30+ ppg and a historical PER.

Completely on him, that roster was destined for greatness and his teammates should've averaged double-doubles if McGrady were a true leader.

Because that is how basketball works.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right? De Clerque and Giricek were such borderline allstars that we have heard from them in abundance.

Gooden was so mature for a recently drafted player.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

First ballot HOFers, but McGrady tanked their careers through bad leadership.

T for 3 likes this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I find it mildly interesting that he "won" HOF entry because he had no part (voters) in the actual result.