1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Blinebury sneers at Rockets' chances for next few years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 27, 2017.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Well unfortunately he's not lying

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Injuries happen sooner or later.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No different than the 80s with magic or bird winning 8 of 10 and magic going like every yr except 81,86,. Rockets need better players. Draymond nor klay are superstars, but they're star type guys who look better in the system. LeBron is a superstar, kyrie is not, he looks like on because of LeBron. Love is a star and a lot of the other guys used to be stars which helps a lot. I'd rather have has been than never was type of guys. Rockets just need to upgrade their roster. Gordon and Lou are overkill. Keep 1, trade the other. Brb is nice, but he can't beat me off the bounce, neither can Trevor. They need to upgrade both spots. I'd rather start Gordon and package Beverly and Trevor.

pgabriel likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's was a brutally honest and accurate assessment. It was about far more than just the rockets though...

Let's ask the question...are super teams the most interesting thing to watch? On 2 teams there are 7 star players. That could be 7 teams with a real chance. Parity is just as important as having overpowered teams to matchup. I mean, if they want to see OP teams go head to head....maybe the all star game shouldn't be such a joke.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the whiniest lil b****iest I've read in a while.

Tell me who would have predicted harden taking a dump at home in a game 6?

That was pretty random if you ask me.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's right unfortunately. Unless injuries or free agent defections deplete the Warriors, they'll win the West every year. And unless the Celtics land a big name free agent and get an immediate impact player with that #1 pick, they're no threat to the Cavs.

Which is bad news for the NBA. Fans will tune out if next season plays out like this one.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You guys underrate the NBA's ability as a business . They know what they are doing and they have many smart economists working to maximize profit.

If they predict viewership will go down , then they will change the outcome ... Or at least manage to make it more interesting.

In a game there are 3 factors , the two teams and the officials. The NBA controls those officials . Those officials have many tools at their disposal to alter the games subtly ( which means no one will catch on unless you are incredibly well versed in the game .) and given that the change would positively effect 28 out of 30 teams and would positively effect league profits overall ... No one has incentive to speak up . Maybe GS , but after 3 straight finals there would be no media sympathy ... And I didn't even discuss the media's role of controlling information . They go step in step with the NBA

Basically what I'm saying is that if things have to change from a profit standpoint they will and we probably won't even know it until well into the future ... And if profits keep climbing without a change then yes no change will be made ... And it will suck as a fan of the other 28 , but not enough that it effects the $ we spend .

Little Bit likes this.
  8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You really think the nba office will risk federal pen time for outcomes of nba games? Why are the Knicks and Lakers so bad ?

pgabriel and rocketseagles07 like this.
  9. rocketseagles07

Why do you guys watch a game you insist is fixed? The rockets aren't good enough that's why we aren't in the championship. Tell me how the refs and league helped the boring spurs who don't get great ratings beat us w/out their superstar?

You don't see the parity of the nfl because it's WAY HARDER to field the same team due to the salary cap and any team can lose ONE GAME(hello NCAA tournament). Stop making BS excuses for our team not being good enough

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He's not wrong. Unless anything catastrophic happen to the Warriors or Spurs. We're not winning anything in the west unless a miracle happens.

Warriors went on a win streak when KD got hurt and were blowing teams out left and right.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We have to change the perception of the league. The NBA front office can always point to TV ratings when looking at the viability of a marketing strategy where only two teams have a chance at a championship going into the beginning of the season. If they start to feel it in their pocketbook then maybe they might change their stance on promoting parity in the NBA. Until then, **** them. I'm not patronizing that ****. It's like continually paying money to gamble with a friend of yours who's badly cheating you on the odds over and over. Fool me once shame on you, fool me...you're not gonna fool me again!

[​IMG]

#31 Spacemoth, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Are you just posting random memes?

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

As a newly minted Astros front runner, I endorse this post.

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

No kidding. Rox, especially harden, should case study today when we were down 8-2 and won. Perhaps harden can get a loaner set from Altuve or Correa?

15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the twins arent really the spurs coached by popovich

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha the DD Almighty has spoken.

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

He's not wrong.

Doesn't mean there's no value in being the #2 team in the West just in case Draymond Green tears an ACL and things open up suddenly.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Lakers will rebound, most likely within the next two years.

They have picks and young players to go after PG. Then they will be a free agent signing or two away from contending again, you know how easy it is for them to sign big time players once they already have one in hand.

The Knicks on the other hand have been lead into oblivion by its terrible ownership. They never had a superstar like Kobe and are still struggling pieces that fit. Kristaps is already starting off on the wrong foot with management after only his second season and Melo is Melo.

Plus who tf cares about the Knicks, they haven't been relevant since the late 90s.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's right plus he included the Spurs in there