1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA coaches sound off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheFreak, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

explain the irony please

2. Falcons Talon

to clarify, i heard what he had to say, and it was very similar to what others have said. I respect his right to his opinion. Whether i agree or not is irrelevant. What I'm saying is that his opinion, whether for or against, would not influence my opinion, and for it to make any sort of news makes no sense to me.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fair enough.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Why is it confusing to you? He was at an interview. Things people say in an interview make the news. That's the whole point of an interview.

Wut.

5. dmoneybangbang

Why you choose to disregard it.

6. Falcons Talon

you explained nothing.

7. Falcons Talon

Who's confused.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Let's see. Trump said to be racist.

Black Americans as well as foreign players make up most of NBA rosters.

What coach is going to actively support Trump in the NBA publically? Zero.

I bet there are a few private Trump guys out there.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The guy who it makes no sense to.

10. Falcons Talon

You missed my whole point, but thanks for keeping an irrelevant topic at the top of the page.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You didn't have a point. There was nothing to miss.

I still would like to know what sets you apart from the "sheeple."

12. Falcons Talon

No point in explaining sheeple if you don't understand what I'm trying to get across.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least 3 NBA teams stop staying at Trump-brand hotels

Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy praises NBA and players for switching from Trump hotels

“I think every team’s gotta take a look at that. I think teams are getting tuned in a little bit, you know, politically and everything else. And give the players a great deal of credit on that. I’ve been really proud of our own players, but the players throughout the league, that they’re attune to what’s going on and stand up for their values. I think that’s impressive. You know, I’ve said it with our team. I think it’s really impressive. Particularly the fact that we have a really young team, and we’re talking guys in their 20s. And normally that kind of, no matter where you stand on the spectrum, normally that kind of social awareness and activism is something you come to later in life.

“I said this morning, I know where I was in the 20s. I think I was fairly aware but I was just consumed with myself in the 20s and what I wanted to do and everything else. And then you grow into more of an awareness. So, to see these young guys taking an interest — young, privileged guys, you know, got a lot of money and everything else — to take an interest with what’s going on and a real concern with their communities and the people who are less fortunate than they are. I think (that) speaks very well of them. And I’ve been very proud of our league under Adam (Silver)’s leadership in terms of social issues with the teams in our league and the players.”
    Gregg Popovich decries Trump, ‘troublesome’ appointment of Steve Bannon

“Well, I think [Bannon’s appointment] is very troublesome to many of us. As I said, it would be great if [Trump] made some statements to all of the groups he disparaged, to bring us all together, and to allay fears, because there are a lot of fearful people, and for good reason. But rather than doing that, he inflamed it even more with that appointment. It’s kind of ironic.

“I wonder sometimes if [Trump] made all those statements, he certainly whipped up the fearmongering and emotion in that base, but it’s going to be ironic because now a lot of the things he told them he’s going to do he’s already started to walk back a little bit. It’s sort of like, did he use them all toget elected, and thus winning again? He’s pretty good at that. You can’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth. It changes day to day, depending on the situation and what he needs at the moment.”

#93 J.R., Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I understand perfectly what you're saying. I don't think you have a point though.

You're trying to get across that it makes no sense why his opinion would make the news.

If anything doesn't make sense, it's that the above "doesn't make sense" to you. Everything a pro athlete or coach says makes the news. Stephen Curry's daughter's cameo during the playoffs made the news, and further it was the main talking point in sports media for days.

It's just the norm that what happens in "celebrity" interviews makes the news.

I still don't understand the intent behind the "sheeple" comment.