1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA coaches sound off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheFreak, Nov 13, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Just another successful person who sees Trump as the greater evil or the candidates... i can see why you are salty.

Must suck.

2. dmoneybangbang

Make no mistake, if Pop came out in favor of Trump the same posters dismissing his opinion would be praising it. Just human nature.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You really have poor comprehension skills. You can start by not conflating two different things.

Opinion matters =/= opinion valid

I never said Pop's opinion was more valid than anyone else's. I said Pop's opinion matters more because more people pay attention when he speaks.

I should keep a scoreboard of each time I have to correct you.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, ever the simpleton. If your opinion isn't valid, it doesn't matter. People pay attention to a LOT of people when they speak about things within their area of expertise but when they start speaking about things outside of that area, intelligent people tune out and rightfully so.

If Pop was talking about basketball, EVERYONE should pay attention, his political views on the other hand, are entirely irrelevant.....you know, exactly like that of any random schmuck. If Pop was giving his opinion on music, would you think that mattered? Of course not, in fact, the ONLY reason you care about what he said was that he was saying things that you largely agree with. It's transparent and kind of stupid. I'd say "be better" but I know you're doing the best you can.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Who are you again?

6. dmoneybangbang

Lol.... has your tailor won multiple national tailor associations titles? No? Lol

7. dmoneybangbang

Just some guy.

It sucks that some people's opinions and accomplishments carry more weight. Just get over it, Pop's opinion carries more weight than most likely anyone on this forum.

8. Falcons Talon

On politics? Hahahaha....im a basketball coach and respect the hell out of him for his coaching style, discipline, integrity, and international roster. My opinion of him has not changed because he has a view different than mine and my beliefs have not changed because of his view. He has his opinion, he has his vote. If you need a role model to tell you what to think, i feel sorry for you.... let me put in words you'll understand.

Baaaaaaaaa

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Falcon's question was how does Popovich's opinion make the news. I've answered the question telling him why it made the news. People care about Pop's opinions, that's why it matters and therefore made the news.

You say that people won't care about Pop's music opinions? Well guess what, you're wrong about that too.

There's articles about Popovich's favorite music
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-and-drake-are-tight-wont-name-favorite-song#
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/4/23/11494730/spurs-news-who-knew-that-gregg-popovich-prince-fan
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...gg-popovich-loves-his-musicals-231048516.html

10. dmoneybangbang

That's fine.... you didn't have to respond to this thread at all....

Like I said.... you are just conveniently using that excuse. If you are honest with yourself you would see that you value other people's opinion outside their expertise.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So are you going to factor what Pop has to say about music when you are considering your own tastes? If not, you just proved my point. Something being notable doesn't mean that it's valid or worth consideration. Him saying he loves musicals is great, but anyone who takes that statement and molds their taste after that is a moron.

12. Falcons Talon

You're right. You got me. After years and years of denial, you have given me the strength and courage to admit that i am a closet sheeple that needs someone elses opinion to tell me how to think. Praise Beyonce!!! Halelujah Kim Kardashian! Rejoice in Ellen, Rosie, and Whoopi. CELEBRITIES COME FORTH AND SHOW ME THE WAY!!!!

Btw. You're an idiot.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but Falcon was specifically asking why Pop's opinions on Trump were newsworthy. At a bare minimum, they are newsworthy just like Pop's music tastes are newsworthy. That's really all I was saying.

but let's take it a step further anyway.

Honestly, Popovich is more qualified than Donald Trump is to be president. Pop is an Air Force Academy graduate, served in the military, and has since become one of the most successful people in his chosen field (coaching). Through coaching, you know that Pop possesses a lot of great qualities and attributes that one would expect out of a president - leadership, integrity, compassion, discipline, the ability to inspire, and basic respect for others.

Those transferable qualities allow him to speak on others people's abilities do they not? Pop doesn't have to tell Trump how to jumpstart the economy, that's not what he's saying. He's calling into question Trump's moral values, his integrity, his compassion, and his discipline. I would say that Pop has every right to judge others as leaders, considering he's a great one himself.

Now that I'm thinking about this more, Pop's statements on Trump don't just matter, they actually are valid.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I hear this a lot.

What do people who say this think makes them stand apart from "sheeple" exactly?

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just because of you living in North Korea for decades and your brain will not function normally anymore, doesn't mean the whole world should share the same r****ded mindset of yours.

16. dmoneybangbang

Lol... where did I ever say anything about showing you the way? I guess when you have no actual argument you have to make up another irrelevant arugment.

Btw...you're fat. lol.

17. dmoneybangbang

What are you talking about?

People post opinion pieces here all the time suggesting oneside or the other.... because people don't like what Pop is saying, they fall back to the usual arguments about people minding their business or staying out of it.

18. Falcons Talon

Aren't you the one that just said
    Yep...that was you. Did you mean for me to mind my own business or to stay out of it?

#58 Falcons Talon, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Pop is actually really qualified to speak on Trump's soft skills. A president needs to have soft skills to succeed. Pop can tell that Trump isn't a good leader. If you aren't a good leader you aren't a good president.

20. Falcons Talon

Pop is qualified to have his opinion and build and coach a basketball team.