1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA coaches sound off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheFreak, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Popovich doesn't lose anything as long as he keeps winning without the Spurs going in the red. The Olympics thing might matter if he went Bill Maher or Avery Brundage was still running it.

2. dmoneybangbang

So you feel Pop and JaRule are on equal footing? Interesting.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really have a very shallow view of the Left. Most polling of Clinton supporters show that a huge chunk of support was more anti-Turmp than pro Clinton while Trump's polling showed that his support was more pro-Trump. This is one reason why there was a difference in enthusiasm that ultimately cost Clinton the election.

YOu also don't need to look at polls. Just look here on Clutchfans especially many of the threads about Bernie Sanders and you will see that most of what would qualify as those on the left on CF did not like or trust Clinton. I personally will admit that I have been consistently a Clinton supporter through both primaries and general and have defended her on several occasions. I've also said on several occasions she has some very big flaws too. I doubt though that some of our more ardent Lefties like Glynch or Franchiseblade would consider me to be the Left nor do I consider myself that either.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

yea, both people who i don't get my news or assurances from even they they both think i give a damn about their opinions. one of them needs to shut up and entertain me and the other needs to shut up and coach his grown men who bounce balls for a living

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Sure, Popovich should have an opinion, and he has a right to express that opinion. I'm glad he has one. I guess it's just a matter of style; I'm with Nick Saban and his avoidance of the topic in public.

6. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Then you shut hole too. No need for your opinion in public. Keep thoughts to yourself.

Chinese Proverb: Man in glass house should not throw stones. Also, good idea to change clothes in basement.

7. ipaman

i'm not famous, i don't have a platform. if you don't see the difference that's your problem, i'm not gonna waste my time teaching you.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Much rather have Pops running the show at the White House than the less capable Trump.

9. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

So, famous= can't speak? Hmm. Yes! tRUMP- most famous American now- DON'T SPEAK! (TY, G. Stefani)

10. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Conversion therapy. Sound good!

11. dmoneybangbang

Nope. What's worse in your mind, is that Pop sees exactly the things the libturds saw and said. Now you are playing the "I don't need them or care so they just need to entertain me" with delusions of grandeur that Pop or Ja even cares about your opinion.

Let's be honest, you would have different reaction if Pop agreed with your views.

12. ipaman

@dmoneybangbang @babyicedog man you guys are totally missing the point, it's hilarious. i'll let chappelle explain it for you all since it's obvious you guys totally missed my point.

Mathloom likes this.
  13. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Understand point completely. Famous= be quiet. Non-Famous= be loud.

tRUMP: "Shhhhhh."

14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

How does someone elses opinion make news....hahaha

His opinion Is worth one vote. Just like everyone elses, and he is entitled to his opinion and his vote, just like everone else.

So in essence, who gives a ****?

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

because Poppovich is a role model and a respected leader who is highly successful at his craft. His stance on things matter more than a random schmuck because Pop is actually influential to some people.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Socrates would have a field day with you for that kind of hot take.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

For some reason, this made me laugh.

18. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Ahh...for the sheeple that can't think for themselves.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: I wouldn't really call Popovich a Miltary Man. It's almost like calling someone who went into the Marines to play for the US Marine Band a Military Man.

Popovich toured with the US Military Basketball Team after graduating from Air Force, where he was recruited to play basketball. At best, was a Cold War assignment to spread US propaganda while competing against the Soviet bloc teams. After his tour, he returned to coach at Air Force.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know a really good tailor who is highly successful in his craft and is a good role model to children and he supported Harambe for president. His knowledge of his trade suggests that his opinion in something completely different is more valid than a random schmuck