1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba cheated the players and the fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 1, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

In the mind of true basketball connoisseurs, people of strong minds and independent opinions, rockets were the champions last year and that is all that matters...cause we are watching this sport to see who is better on the basketball court, who plays better basketball, and not who the refs (guys that dont play) will think of as the better team and will award more points.

If you dont have your own opinion on who is the true winner beside rigged wwesque nba wcf you are that loser you so despise, weak minded nba minion buying into media propaganda similar to those who bought into russel westbrook being the most valuable player... i dont care if he 'won it'(ie ppl who do not play gave it to him) that one year because i know in my heart and mind that harden was much better player(the real mvp) and it wasnt even close .

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was no doubt in my mind Houston could win it but mainly because of Chris Paul and probably Tucker.

However GSW was the better overall talent for me. As a Houston fan, I would want to prevail no matter what but given that they have KD the Alltime weapon and Klay dropping bombs late in the series.

With Paul it would be a 50/50 chance, both teams were equal in my humblest opinion. With Home Court advantage. Let's say with no refs.

Me being a fan does not take away the overall strength and talent of the warriors.

It is a sport....David can beat Goliath but it was a Goliath vs a tad more talented Goliath duel.

Both deserved to advance.

bmelo likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yes we were close to beating them. But refs didn't shook Anderson on the perimeter going on a run - it was all-time great shooter in Steph. Refs didn't miss 27 threes. Did you see great defense that GSW played? Did you see help rotations of Green and how he cut off all of our corner threes? The way Durant drained energy from Ariza? Yes, there were some bad calls in favor of GSW but in previous games of that series there was some bad calls in our favor(mostly off the ball grabbing). I hate to say it but you really cant deny GSW greatness. It was our punchers chance and we didn't capitalize. We almost got them, but they were better. And CP injury isn't linked to luck, he has history of his body giving up. Durability is a talent too

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

Think about it...we won and who remembers it? Only us. The rest of the world remember these 2 things:

1.)Jordan was on vacation
    2.)OJ and the Broncos

They freaking stop showing the NBA Finals with the Rockets to show us OJ and a freeway CHASE@!!!!

You think they do that to the Warriors????

5. SemisolidSnake

This.

Normally, I'd be railing against our 27 missed threes, because I've always hated this team's obsession with threes. But I watched that game, and the Rockets clearly realized that the threes were not falling that night and actually tried to switch the offense to the inside. Somewhere in the second or third quarter when there was plenty of time left to adjust. And the refs clearly and deliberately took that off the table with a bunch of egregious calls. So, the team couldn't make a three to save its life that night, got no foul calls from beyond the three-point line, and wasn't allowed to do anything inside the arc. They knew it, and they resigned themselves to having to chuck threes for the rest of the game. It was depressing to watch.

That was the first game I'd watched where I really had no doubts there was a clear fix in.

Rockets4lf likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

So every? or most other teams championship were rigged by the league EXCEPT the Rockets?
    The Rockets losing in the playoffs these past few years have all been due to rigging?

7. BackdoorHarden

yes, look at the rule change.

Who benefits? GSW

Who does it hurt? Rockets

NBA is rigged.

Think who runs the NBA?

Silverman

Warriors owner? Lacob

The Rockets owner? He's an Italian Mademan or as they call themself, Legititmate Italian American Businessman.

SIlverman ain't giving Tillman no love. They remember what happened to Bugsy Siegel in Vegas when he got done in by the Italian mademan

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

lol ok, good to know! thanks for the reply.