1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba cheated the players and the fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 1, 2018.

1. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The NBA doesn't hate the Rockets, but in the last few years they have really deprioritized a level playing field, i.e. the idea that sports have clear rules and the goal is to see who can do the best under those rules. The NBA instead prefers to make the most money, which is completely reasonable, but also frequently in conflict with a level playing field. Focusing on money means the NBA is frequently stuck with conflicts of interest in which they are incentivized to extend playoff series and disfavor players who exploit rules in ways that are not audience-friendly.

You can really see this if you look at ESPN and Sports Illustrated, which are filled with puff features on the Warriors (who just happen to be good right when Silicon Valley is the richest place in America). It's even common to see articles on these sites happily describing how players' social media activities are more important than the actual games. That is a deep cynicism reflecting how little the NBA and its partners care about fair competition.

That being said, I still follow the Rockets. I like basketball. There are many forces against us, and I accept that overcoming them requires more than just being able to score and play defense.

bj3175, jcf, ChrisP and 2 others like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...you truly believe the NBA pre determined that the Warriors would beat the Rockets? You believe there was a conspiracy among the NBA executives?

You do realize what something like this would do to the NBA - correct? If what some posters think was done, was really done, it would be the end of the NBA. Y'all believe that the NBA would sacrifice everything they have worked for, y'all believe they would sacrifice the league all to get the Warriors into the finals rather than the Rockets?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_betting_scandal

[​IMG]

Rocket River

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I get what you're saying.

Otoh, you are brainwashed into thinking sports are not rigged

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I stopped reading your ridiculous brainwashed BS rhetoric right here.

I get that you were violated mam, BUT your skirt is really short and your boobs are enormous

See how dumb that sounds ^^^^^

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Daryl Morey knew how to Draft in the 1st Round and kept younger players like Covington, James Johnson, Hassan Whiteside years ago the team would've looked better.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Look I not saying it's black and white but if you really believe that there wasn't an interest in helping the Warriors...whether it be from Vegas, the NBA, or my grandmother then you are blind.

Go back to your Mahjong game now.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You said it

9. hakeemthagreat

The problem is they KNOW they got screwed & don't even acknowledge it. They run with that stupid "one hamstring injury away" narrative. That's not the biggest reason we lost. It's useless mentioning the refs if our own players won't speak up. It would be nice to hear our GM say something too

Downtown Sniper and BigShasta like this.
  10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

F_uck outta here. Teams win and teams lose. Quit making excuses.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But once CP3 was injured, the mafia- err the NBA DID EVERYTHING they could to make sure the Rockets would be unable to rally around that injury and close out the NBA west coast DARLING Warriors

Come on, you cannot be this clueless

fckbandwagons and bj3175 like this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

I believe they count on folks like yourself to do their fighting for them. Folks that ignore the evidence of 2002 Kings/Lakers, 2005 Mavericks/Rockets, 2018 Rockets/Warriors, Tim Dongaghy and his connection to officials that still work TODAY.

You act like this sort of thing never happens.

Let me introduce you to the 1919 Black Sox scandal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal

Let me introduce you to the 1951 CCNY point shaving scandal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCNY_point_shaving_scandal

Let me introduce you to the 1979 Boston College point shaving scandal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978–79_Boston_College_basketball_point_shaving_scandal

Let me introduce you to the 1985 Tulane point shaving scandal
    https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/0...Universitys-basketball-scandal/1029481438800/

Let me introduce you to the 1995 Northwestern point shaving scandal.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/27/...western-players-charged-in-point-shaving.html

Let me introduce you to the 2014 UTEP point shaving scandal
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...al-involving-basketball-players-pleads-guilty

There are more, but you get the point. Don't be so naive.

MJ19, burnshroom, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They know where and how their bread is buttered. Of course they are not going to speak out against this mob / mafia league

14. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Gosh I just actually took the time to read this statement.

Did you watch the 2002 Western Conference Finals?

Did you watch Rockets vs Mavericks 2005 first round after game 2? Did you not see Finley step out of Bounds? Did you not see Jon Barry's incredulous face?

Did you watch the 2010 NBA Finals?

Do you even watch the NBA or do you just sit back at your Tampa Bay pool throwing beers down your blowhole and spitting nonsense constantly?

Oh...and maybe you've heard of him, but there is this person named Tim Donaghy. I'll give the the link so you don't need to try and use the aol.com to find the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

Read up on it.

You really should start taking some Vitamin B1, B12, Zinc, Vitamin E, Phosphatidylserine, and Folic Acid daily before it's too late. The Alzheimer's has become a bit unnerving.

MJ19, fckbandwagons and BigShasta like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is dumb af tbh.

You must be 16 or 92. Stoned or senile

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You mean Harden didn't drain a sick 3 AND 1, that was not allowed

Yeah, you can't see how that could *** with a team already out a star player

The commentators even agreed (C. Webb - before he was censored. You really think you know more than C. Webb?)

Please sthu

#56 Tfor3, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    MJ19 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

I can't believe people are so ignorant as to not understand this^^^

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

refs made their presence known in game 7...they took away 10 potential points from Harden

Rockets4Life13, bj3175 and jcf like this.
  19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I feel you Jessica Alba.

But dang I wish we just hit a couple out of those 27......

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol. - I had to put her name & gif link bc I started getting shiiit from peeps that they thought that was a dude in a speedo.:( (Not that there's anything wrong with that - pc disclaimer)

No doubt on the missed shots