1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Broken Records (TMac, Moochie, Quitten)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aka ace, Sep 22, 2005.

1. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i still hate quitten for that.

RUDY is in there as well.

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

interesting read.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

nice find.

LOL @ moochie's injury.

5. Genuine

Genuine Member

First player to sue a rival team for inflicting an injury
    Rudy Tomjanovich, Houston, 1977
    During a game on Dec. 9, 1977, Kermit Washington of the Lakers and Kevin Kunnert of the Rockets got into a fight.

Rudy Tomjanovich left the Houston bench and rushed to help his teammate, but as he arrived on the scene, Washington wheeled and delivered a crushing blow. The punch shattered most of the bones in Tomjanovich's face and actually knocked the top half of his skull out of alignment with the bottom half. He suffered a concussion and lacerations and was leaking spinal fluid into his nose.

Tomjanovich was hospitalized for weeks and missed the rest of the season. He returned the next year after five facial surgeries, but was never the same player. Tomjanovich sued the Lakers and won a $3.2 million award. Washington, who was fined $10,000 and suspended for 60 days, was never the same player after the incident either.

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

I dont know about you guys....but my feelings for Pippen have not changed over time. :mad:

7. tmac4prez

tmac4prez Contributing Member

Yeah Quitten Pippen wasnt any good anywhere else besides stuck up MJs

8. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This is great..

9. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

10. qrui

qrui Member

nice read. thanks for sharing.

11. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Also, Rudy T the first person to sue a team and be employed by them some years later.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am ok with pipp now. I am kinda more pissed with barkley. I think drexler said he understood pipp's sentiments towards barkley and I trust what drexler had to say. Ahh well the past is the past... next...

13. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

barkley took a pay cut and defended quitten when his game was off. for quitten to insult barkley was not only misplaced anger but it also showed how classless he is. piece of $hit, i still hate him...

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Good to see that someone other than Rockets Fans noticed the true lack of Class and downright egotistical A$$hole nature of Quitten. I hope he's seen this list.