1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA ALL Greatest Teams Bracket - Vote for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 1, 2006.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope there's enough Jordan freaks to pull off the upset. Nothing like pissing off Boston fans who have nothing but this to cheer for....

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Someone sandbagged the Rockets by excluding three of the all time best... Matt Bullard, Chuckie Brown, and Ryan Bowen.

3. max14

max14 Member

Put Kareem on the bucks, then Celtics can kick Lakers ass. Otherwise... meh, Lakers win lol.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think the Sixers have the best shot at pulling off an upset, and I would vote for them over the Rockets. The Sixers, Lakers, Rockets, Warriors, and Celtics have had an unreal amount of talent pass through over the years.

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I GUESS HISTORICALLY HE WON'T BE CONSIDERED A ROCKET BUT KENNY SMITH OVER STEVE FRANCIS'S 20/6/6 SEASON TO ME IS A BIT OF AN OVERSIGHT, ON THE ALL TIME TEAM I WOULD EVEN TAKE VERNON IN THE 94' SEASON OVER KENNY SMITH. NOT TO DISS KENNY BUT HE WAS NOT NEARLY THE ALL-AROUND PLAYER THAT STEVE AND MAD MAX WERE.

6. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Why the hell is T-Mac put on the Rockets roster? I love the guy and all but, does playing here for 2 seasons (actually, more like one and half) makes him a part of the all time roster?

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Me neither,

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Bump.

Second Round... time to crush the Spurs.

9. StupidMoniker

Lakers, Bulls, Sixers, and Rockets in this round.

10. rimrocker

My 4 as well.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Shhh! Dude, what are you trying to do, make us lose? We're trying to give ourselves the best chance to win it all, having T-Mac on the roster helps us big time.

BTW, I would even add Pippen on the roster if it were possible, but he's on the Bulls' team.

What about Charles Barkely?

12. StupidMoniker

He is on the 'Sixers team.

13. rimrocker

If I had my druthers, I'd put Robert Reid on there instead of Newlin. I like Newlin, but Reid gives more versatility on the wings.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Okay guys we made it to the 2nd Round. We are facing the Spurs. Make sure you go and Vote!

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rockets into the West Finals vs the Lakers... I can't figure out how to vote!

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

To vote go to the rockets team page and look at the top right. there is a poll type vote thing there.

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

wow that lakers team just looks too good.

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Interesting point. I could argue both sides of that. It's hard to infer how those guys would have played with this roster. Reid has an edge athletically, but Newlin was more consistent with his shot and is full of intangibles. Tough call.

19. JamesC

JamesC Member

True but the old school Rockets knocked out the Lakers back in the day. I'm hoping they can do it again with Clutchfans help.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I love how in playoffs past the Spurs were always ranked higher than the Rockets, only to see the rockets beat them in the playoffs each time, and of course the same holds true in this bracket.

and, sure we could beat these Lakers, what other western conference team, besides the rockets, beat the best laker dynasty ever in the 80s? that's right, NONE. (and we did it twice)