1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA admits missed call on Dwight Howard in overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xxfresh, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don't tend to blame refs for the outcome of the game. That's on the coach and players. What I do blame the refs for is getting so involved that we'll never know which team was the better team that night. The refs took the players out of the game and we'll never get to know who should have won because of it. That's the most frustrating part

2. Andrew Wiggins

I blame everyone. The fans, the players, the refs, and the coach. All of them.

If harden got tackled on a drive by all 5 blazers players and the timekeeper started the shot clock 25 seconds early on the last possession it is still no ones fault but the sucky players and the dumb coach. I dont care if the nba admits they screwed up because sports officiating is perfect.

Why the heck is it always one or the other. Dwight shot his season average from the line. Things are never black or white so why do people act like it is. Do the officials have halos around their heads that i cant see?

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i get 2 infractions for profanity? wtf is this about? so im the only one on clutchfans who cant use profanity? is that what the mods are telling me?

1 person likes this.
  4. downbytheriver

For future ref, instead of a public apology no one cares about, next game should start with 2 Howard FT's. Small concession that doesn't make up for DH being beaten up but better than the "^NBA" putting their tail between their legs and doing nothing

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Breaking news: Scott Foster's mother should have aborted him. Too late...

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

You can never simply undo a bad call. What do you want from them? Officiating will always have a human element. It's a part of sports. If we get computers to make calls with sensors, the players would take advantage and everyone would be fouling out because there was no one human to interpret such a happenstance.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The whole season should be canceled.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

How about just restarting? I'm getting spooked about the summer of no basketball. ;)

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

Did they also say they missed the call on Lopez on his 6th foul?

1 person likes this.
  10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

If you watch the replay closely...he yanks Howards' shoulder with his left hand. So it is a foul.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

All make-up calls to be applied in game 3?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The foul shouldve been on Lillard for rolling up on Howard, but the called the foul on Lopez...Bottom line the game was over officiated and key players for both teams were impacted by the calls. And just to reiterate Scott Foster is just waiting to get busted. The calls that he has had on so many games have come into question.

The one were he was gonna call a charge and changed it to a blocking foul on Lin was one of the worst. He was beginning his motion for a charge and decide to just call a foul on Lin. Ive ripped on Scott before, and this wont be the last... the dude is a garbage ref...

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No i expect game 4 to be the make up game for the Rockets...where the Blazers get phantom whistles...

14. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

15. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Are the Rockets the "go-to" team with that gets the shortest end of the stick on ref calls in the NBA? Especially during the playoffs?

I mean year after year in the playoffs we get these ridiculous, obvious, outrageous calls on us where it could define our entire playoff picture. Hell if we had instant replay during the TMac/Yao years we could have been right there in the NBA Finals.

I'm all for replays and challenges (similar to the NFL). After the Timothy Donaghy debacle you would think the NBA would try to clean up their image by allowing camera replay for all ref calls in the final 2 minutes to get the game right. Let the cameras do the justice not a paid off ref!

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Basically the 2 seasons, 05 and 09, the refs missed calls that the team could have won it all during the tmac/yao era.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Since the wrong call ended up the guy scoring 2 points on foul shots, and since we only lost by 2, the game should be a draw. Perhaps NBA should do the right thing to allow replay of OT before the start of the next game. :grin:

18. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Or better yet, take away the 2 foul-shot points and the game is tied. Then let D12 shoot free throws because he was fouled. If he scores even just one free throw, we win the game. :grin::grin:

Well, if NBA doesn't want to do that, the should instruct the refs to be favorable to us this

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Or better yet, take away the 2 foul-shot points and the game is tied. Then let D12 shoot free throws because he was fouled. If he scores even just one free throw, we win the game. :grin::grin:

Well, if NBA doesn't want to do that, they should instruct the refs to be favorable to us in calls this game. :grin:;)

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

How do you not call a foul on Leonard there? I mean its blatantly obvious they were trying Hack-A-Howard..