1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA admits missed call on Dwight Howard in overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xxfresh, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

NBA should admit not only about this call but the crappy calls throughout the game

2. Rox7

Rox7 Member

We were screwed. Can we play again with 10 seconds?
    #moresalt

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Also, I think the officiating rules are flawed. If the refs call a foul, they should be able to review it and then RESCIND the call if they see that they made the wrong call. I don't know why this isn't already allowed.

But yeah, the bogus call in favor of the Rockets which led to Garcia free throws, Lillard/Aldridge's monster games, and Harden/Howard both playing poorly led to this loss.

I suppose the good news is that both Aldridge and Lillard had amazing games (in particular Aldridge) , whereas neither Harden or Howard had a good game, and yet, they barely won this game.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

TYPO - meant to say that call cancels out the terrible call on howard, in my opinion.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The score was 121-120 in favor of Portland when Howard fouled out, right? So instead of Portland going up by 2, Howard could have either tied the game or put us up by 1?

******* you NBA. You sleazy ****s.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But Lopez was holding Dwight before the trip by Lillard. That was the right call.

7. MichaelG281713

Agreed on McHale, but that call won a playoff game for the opposing team.

Why would you not blame the refs for it?

Doesn't add up to defend it.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The Blazers had a moving screen in at least 80% of their possessions. None were called. McHale should have pointed this out to the refs.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Except when Aldridge hit Bev late in the game. But he got away with that the entire game prior lol.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

....and that's why the NBA sucks. Refs control the outcomes of games.....way too often.

11. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I wonder if they'll finally implement a challenge system too like NFL and MLB. I think it's working great for NFL and MLB so far.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

The subjectivity (and bias, honestly) of refereeing in the NBA reached the "virtually unbearable" point years ago.

I've been saying this for a long time, but one of the reasons I don't watch much NBA anymore is the poor refereeing. Part of it is simply lousy refs, but the majority of the issue is a combination of ingrained "play style" contrary to the rules, and rules that by themselves allow tremendous variability in execution.

In short, the combination of bad refs and poor rules makes for fan misery.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You are damned right.

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't like to blame the refs, but in this particular game, they did some very bad calls. The worst was that Howard-Freeland call. CWebb, while being lightly pro-Portland, admitted that grave mistake immediately. When that kind of mistakes are made 10 seconds to the decision in a tight game, it is critical. There was no reasonable explanation for why they did not review that call. The game stopped anyway.

15. mig0s

mig0s Member

Agree with you but if they review every call the game would last 5 hours..

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

**** you rockets vs portland officiating crew, u didnt even bother to review dwight's last foul. game stopped for a minute or two or w/e and u didnt even review the foul.

**** YOU

17. Apps

Apps Member

Missing a call is missing a call. Completely inventing a call to make up for one you missed is something entirely different--not to mention the guy you make up the call for is the one actually getting fouled. Either get it right the first time or get it right the next time, but don't just make **** up so late in the damn game. No room for make up calls with 10 seconds left.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

who's the idiot who repped me saying he reported me for my giant font? GO F YOURSELF ref shill. bs call in the last seconds of the game

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The same people that want Dwight to dominate physically also don't acknowledge that the current concussion-obsessed sports era forces these big guys to play like a bunch of weenies. 20 years ago those 2 would have pushed off each other, no whistle, and game on.

20. Andrew Wiggins

This is why dream will always be the greatest. He took control over games. He would find a way to score when his team needed it. Even if he got fouled on the or shoved in the lower back he would always drain that fader. They could not take that away from him. Mcgrady also possessed this ability, but from a less consistent further out range. The ability to turn around, rise up and fade back to get the shot over tour opponent will always be the most valuable skill in the nba because it takes control away from the officials. They would create so much space, but sometimes get shoved on the hip and still adjust to drain the shot.

Driving you can get bumped, pushed from behind and hacked on the arm and still not get the call. Shooting face up jumpers and threes work in the regular season, but not when the game is on the line. The running leaner is the second move that takes control away from the officials, but it will always be a miss more than a make unless youre kobe bryant.