1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA admits missed call on Dwight Howard in overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xxfresh, Apr 21, 2014.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

shut the **** up nba pos asswipes, how many calls didu miss that game? when are they gonna address the horrible inconsistency of these pos refs?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“Honestly, it [Howard’s sixth foul] could have went either way.” - Joel Freeland <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RipCity&amp;src=hash">#RipCity</a>

WATCH || <a href="http://t.co/65HdB9Q40O">http://t.co/65HdB9Q40O</a></p>&mdash; Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) <a href="https://twitter.com/trailblazers/statuses/458384746687766528">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this guy knows what it is

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

except it didnt go either way -- it went the WRONG way even the league admitted so

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I predict this dude goes full on troll before we reach game four. I could smell it when he started blowing up last night's game thread.

6. reliableman

reliableman Member

Well, you could say we didn't lose because of the refs, but we'll never know because the game was called like total crap. Admittedly on both sides, but that's not to say the refs didn't control the game, which they did for most of the time.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

It was an evenly competed game. The blazers got lucky and we weren't. They still have to beat us 3 more times before we beat them 4 times.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'll forgive them if they give us 20 make up calls in Game 2.

9. ludicraze

ludicraze Member

Didn't know where to post this, so figure'd here was as good a place as any.
    One thing that I have always wondered since Dwight got here and went on record of saying that he shoots free throws better on the road because the booing/noise distracts him, whereas at home it's too silent, is why the rockets don't simply tell the fans to cheer and play music during his free throws. (I know it sounds crazy).

And then in watching the Clippers game, I noticed that the Clippers actually do this for Jordan. (If you listen closely, you'll even hear the PA guy say "DJ at the line shooting two NOISY free throws).

So my question is, why don't the rockets do this? Have they ever attempted it for Howard? Would definitely be something to look into.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The game was a parade of poor foul calls. I live in Phoenix and almost everyone at my corporate workplace is a fan of a different team (not even very many Suns fans). Almost everyone here agreed that the game's outcome wasn't purely determined by the players last night.

I imagine you can understand that it's worse to be on the losing side of that.

Now quit nitpicking and go find something to do.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Glad the league said something, but didn't cost us the game.

We shot 23% 3PTs with 35 attempts. We missed 27 3's!! :eek:

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why are you trolling on these boards? Eat a dick and choke on it b****.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fair point. We also allowed a player to score 46.

But then, we went to overtime in a game where we had 0 first half free throws.

It just doesn't sit well.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

2 wrongs dont make a right.

nba needs to just admit it is wrestling like wrestling finally did. Seems like wrestling is doing just fine and I am sure nba would be fine too. otherwise it's just a mockery.

They could add half court shooting contests worth 10 points, they could have the rim move forward and backward and have opposing fans get the right to control it. it could be 'rim control brought to you by nokia'

they could light the rim on fire and have those points be worth 100.. like on super mario bros where he gets a star and is invincible for 20 seconds.

I like the idea of bringing out midgets and then of you can dunk the midget while he is holding the ball you get automatic 1000 points. final score would be 2500 to 3000 and have big foot come out and drive over the rim at end of game.

We could do a silent auction where folks get to bid on the outcome and lots of fireworks. LOTS of them.

this is a joke.

1 person likes this.
  15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Down by 1, should've been 2 free throws for us instead it takes Howard out of the game & gives 2 free throws to the opposition costing us the game.

I remember a few years ago they replayed the final minutes of a game Shaq was in because of a Protest:

Maybe at the start of Game 2 we should replay the final moments of Game 1 13 seconds, down 1 with Howard at the line?

Otherwise the NBA is basically saying, 'Sorry for running over your dog, here's the carcass...you can always have it stuffed so you can remember this day FOREVER'

Les & Morey have to protest this one, seriously.

16. WestendMassive

In the interests of accuracy, Freeland fell over himself and the foul was called on Batum for grabbing Howard's arm.

17. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

For those who say we cant blame it on the refs, bull*****!!. It is supposed to be Houston vs Portland, not Houston vs Portland vs Refs!

Keep in mind, this is no excuse for the Rockets pathetic defense.

NBA needs to implement fines against blind refs, I guarantee that would make for better officiating in games. Even better allow no calls to be reviewed (ie: instant replay challenges).

Oh wait, then the NBA games can not be RIGGED, carry on then.

18. Andrew Wiggins

True.some of the bs they spend 5 minutes reviewing when the blazers are finally up 2 with 1:40 left in the game is bull****. They take all that time to review a tap on the shoulder, and they choose not to review a call they made on the last possession of a game where it is safe to say the officials heavily effected?

If that last whistle followed by the nba saying thy got it wrong is not the officials deciding the game then i do t know what is. Some of you are frustrating individuals i guess.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was furious when that call was made, and the league admitting that the "ref" screwed up just brought it all back again. It was a horribly officiated game. Had it ended differently, I suspect that Portland's fans would have felt the same way. If we are simply outplayed, I can accept a loss. This, however, was an abomination, in my humble opinion. The referees shouldn't decide a game. They should simply do their jobs. Clearly, this crew wasn't up to the task. They should be refereeing in the D-League, not that those teams deserve to have them call games.

20. houtown

houtown Member

One thing that disappointed be about the officiating is that McHale didn't seem to stand up for his players and give it to the referees, Scott Foster in particular. There were a lot of tough calls, no doubt, but if your coach isn't discussing those bad plays with the refs and backing up his players, they seem to continue to happen or catch up to a team in the end.