1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA admits missed call on Dwight Howard in overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xxfresh, Apr 21, 2014.

1. coffeelover665

"oh you guys just lost a very hard fought game that went to the overtime for the first time in this playoff? I'd have you know you lost because we messed up on a call. My bad, hope you feel better"

-nba

2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Can't forget NO free throws the whole first half. This is absolutely criminal what they get away with.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Somebody gif beverlys reaction when given the questionable tech. Lol.dumb refs:mad:

4. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

The NBA lost all credibility years ago, and they have done nothing to change that perception, which is pretty telling.

When I was younger, I was naive enough to believe that some games were just a "game of runs." Sitting back and looking at it though, the refs simply create an environment for one team to succeed more than another at times. There is still talent involved for teams to capitalize on that, but still, that is not true competition. This is akin to pressing pause, going into settings, and clicking "Keep scores close."

And it's not just about this 1 play. Sure, they missed what seemed to be a blatantly obvious call, but the "technical" on Beverley (and the proceeding Blazer's reactions on just about every foul they were called against that were much worse than Beverley's reaction but didn't get any "technicals), the decision to render Asik useless by getting him in foul trouble real early on very questionable calls, and countless other plays really makes you step back and think. Let's just say if I was a Kings fan I would probably not care about the NBA still.

6. AXG

AXG Member

It doesn't change the outcome so why bother?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was crap calls on each club. I can't blame the refs on tthis one.

McHale didnt adjust to hack a Howard

8. HPD

HPD Member

Effing discrace...

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Does anybody find it sad that teams work so hard to get in the playoffs only to have the games decided by terrible officiating:(

1 person likes this.
  10. Houston22

Houston22 Member

This statement gives officials a little bit of a direction for the next game

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I find it sad for teams to work hard to get in the playoffs and do not step it up once playoffs begin. The Rockets have been playing subpar the last couple weeks. No use blaming the the loss on officiating when a team is playing regular season ball.

12. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Officiating was terrible on both sides

13. TheresTheDagger

Don't really know how this equates to last nights game. I saw the Rockets balling HARD. I also saw players getting into foul trouble on weird calls like moving picks that weren't really moving. I saw players get inconsistent calls on Technical fouls. I saw very questionable officiating to stop runs and momentum. And I saw players and coaches trying their best to adjust.

Where do you come up with the idea we were playing sub-par given the above?

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The refs was bad but after that Mavs series against us in 2005 I will sadly, take this treatment every time. Compared to that series the refs favored the Rockets yesterday.

15. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

nBa admitting this = rockets win next game for sure. Hint hint refs.

17. akxninja

akxninja Member

People will find anything to complain about. If the league ignores the bad call, people will cry foul that league can't even admit to its mistakes. In this case they did, and people are still clamoring how it's pointless since what's done is done. Yes, in a perfect world, the officials wouldn't have given Portland a potential 4 point swing, but that's how the dice rolls sometimes. Take care of things on your end (missed FTs, bad shot selection, not boxing out, etc) and these missed calls won't be the difference between a W or L.

That said, expect favorable calls from the refs in game 2. We will probably win by a good margin, but then the real series begins in Portland.

18. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

The refs could have reviewed it instantly and change the decision. Why didn't they? Now they just want to rub salt in our wounds.

19. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Hey Rocket fans sorry that call cost you a game. All you people paid a lot of money to support your team so we thank you for that...and now let me get to writing a big fat check to the ref who made that bad call.
    Talk about a slap in the face. How about a scoring system for the refs and if you suck you get sent to the D-league and get paid likewise. WTF does an apology do?

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Why apologize if you're going to do NOTHING to correct the problem?

Hell, that just makes it worse.

Like someone said, shut up, NBA. Stop pretending you're into sports and admit its ALL entertainment and dollars.

(damn, getting cranky in my old age)