1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 vs. NBA Live 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2014.

1. AB423

AB423 Member

I just bought 2k15 and I was wondering how do I get the updated Roster?

2. AB423

AB423 Member

^I have a PS4

3. itony

itony Member

There's probably a better way? But I know in the past you could try starting up an online game and they would force you to download the new roster...

Haven't played since like 2k12 or 2k13 where you could just double tap square in the post to do the dream shake. Now it forces you to do the up and under.

Anybody know how to do dream shake? Or atleast I'm talking about the move where u shimmy to both sides then turn around fade

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't know for 2k15, but in the past you had to go to "2kshare" in the menu and then to rosters.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In the last week or so I've been noticing that Park games are becoming glorified 3-point shootouts.

Under a 1 and 2 point system the 2-pointer (the three ball) is too powerful.

They need to change it so games go to 21 and have a 2/3 point system like real NBA. Problem with that is then dudes would be dunking all game instead of jacking up threes, so then they also need to make posterizing people way more difficult than it is right now.

6. So Good

So Good Member

If you're connected online, when you beginning the game they should autodownload the updated rosters.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

If you want to pick a specific roster, when you start a game, go to roster in between the teams for selection and you can download user made rosters or the most recent.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Thanks guys.. so after a few days of playing 2k15 I find it difficult to score in this game. Even bunny layups are hard for me compared to 2k14 I could score at will. Anybody else having this problem? I turned off the shooting timer so that wouldnt distract me but it still didnt work. Plus to top it off in my GM mode James Harden is out 4-6 months with a concussion while my team is struggling.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Are you doing mycareer or are you playing as NBA players? I found, that it has to be almost uncontested or the player has to have a high layup rating.

10. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm playing as nba players in GM mode

11. waste55

waste55 Member

2k question:

Is there a way to play blacktop with a friend where we can control all the players? So just like 2v2 but one player per team etc like you would locally. My guy sucks to bad to play in mypark haha.

Also...how can I suck less? Even when playing with nba teams its like my player can never drive to the damn basket and just stops. When I'm on D its the exact opposite and the other team just drives by for an easy layup when I'm using the "intense D" button etc.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So. Much. This.

I can pinpoint the year, too. 2K10. So 6 years running now.

2K basketball kept getting better, every year. It was the best sports game on the market, every year from the day the series hit the Dreamcast as far as I'm concerned. Through 2K9.

Then 2K10 came out... and that perfect control was gone. They exchanged top-notch responsiveness for trapping you in long, pretty-looking animations that looked good in trailers.

I bought 2K15 because I wanted a next-gen title to see if it made the difference... it doesn't. Don't get me wrong... 2K15 for the PS4 is still a good game, but it hasn't addressed the trapped-in-animations problem. And unfortunately not enough people are making a stink about it, so I don't know if the problem will ever be fixed. But I'm keeping my 2K9 until they do.

Shame really. The My Career mode is awesome. If there were a better game underneath, I might be playing NBA 2K15 instead of Fifa.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Does anyone else here absolutely HATE the shot meter. Nothing at all feels natural about shooting in the this game. I have literally spent hours in freestyle mode trying to master James, Bev, and Ariza's jumpers with Sim sliders and Hall of Fame difficulty; but I just can't replicate them when playing online.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The meter is garbage. I had struggles shooting online when I would only look at the meter to try and time it. Once I stopped caring about the meter and started focusing on my shot animation I have had more success.

Ignore the meter, only look at it AFTER you've already released your shot as a general guide.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Got this game for Christmas (PS3....) and I'm getting my ass kicked every night.

I pretty much just play as the Rockets and play an exhibition game against whoever we play next in real life. This is all I have time to do.

My defense is for ****. I can't stop the other team from getting uncontested layups no matter what defense I try. I also probably shoot about 40% on my own uncontested layups.

Any suggestions on improving my defense? I don't want to win every game by 40, but it would be nice to win a game here or there and even hold my opponent to less that 120 points every once in a while....

16. AB423

AB423 Member

lol sounds like the same exact problems I am having.

17. HookemHorns1250

*Sigh* The main problem I'm having is being signed by the Rockets in My Career. I know you can change after the season, but I was hoping I'd be able to start and finish with the Rockets.

I've tried PG/PF, the two positions I felt the Rockets could up grade, and tried SF as well, but no luck.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

im pretty sure its random

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just fire McHale.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Semi Necro bump. This 2k girl is bae. I need someone to hook it up so I can wife her up already.

[​IMG]

Edit: NVM that's KD's GF :(