1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 vs. NBA Live 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2014.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It's too real. He isn't ready

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

NBA Live's Sneakers......For you Sneaker heads....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For 2k guys...
    http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

bunch of stuff added for franchise players.

Non-random injuries. So a guy like Rose should get hurt in either of his knees more likely than a guy whose never had a serious knee injury. (Also if a player is playing hurt, they will wear a sleeve or pad over the injury)

And the fact that you can edit most things about it. To the quality of your draft class to how frequent blockbuster trades happen (You can even be commish and OK every trade) one thing that always got me about franchise was how silly the trades could be.

And they say CPU teams won't stack at one position any more...we'll see about that...they say this every year.

Also the the scouting is deeper, they simulate the college season.

Again, I don't know why NBA Live needs to take another year off and get it together.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

MyLeague is definitely something I'd have a tremendous amount of fun with... now, if they could release information on whether or not any of the issues plaguing MyCareer mode have been addressed...

Such as the GM's piss poor managing (will trade the franchise player, unwillingly you, upon demand, but will say no to his franchise player anytime he wants a player rated over 85 off the team in favor of another more team-beneficial player/s that would be a better fit)...

Being forced to be the franchise player...

The piss poor, if not non-existent, coaching AI... Rotations being based on rating, rather than fit... lack of in-game adjustments (such as the on-ball, off-ball defensive/offensive intensity meters you can play with in Association mode along with situational substitutions and defensive strategies aside from zone defense options, or full-court, half-court pressure/traps, which aren't utilized in MyCareer mode by the coach)...

Team chemistry being reduced to a popularity contest solely dependent upon the results of post-game Q&A's... or off-court activities... What about on-court fit..? I thought this was suppose to be a simulation...?

The absence of a "simulate games up to selected date" option... where the player can select the date... and not be forced to play "key games" at random dates...

As of now, MyCareer mode get's tedious, and dull fast... as the lacking elements in all these areas make it repetitive, with no room for game-to-game surprises either in the stat-sheet or the outcome of the game...

You tend to always be the top scorer, role players are second class citizens that can't ever shine no matter the opponent, and even superstars like Kevin Durant routinely have modest games because the game's forcing you to be the guy every "key game"...

It's simply not realistic at all at the moment...

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, MyPlayer is a mess.

I mean it has really good features for it but the AI in game is just a mess.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I believe they leaked the ratings already

http://dimemag.com/2014/09/projecting-the-top-20-rated-players-in-nba-2k15/

PG: Bev 77?
    SG: Harden 86?
    SF: Ariza 77?
    PF: Jones 77?
    C: Howard 88?

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

To the injury thing, there was an injury stat for each player in the most 2ks, which was responsible for how often or likely a player is to get injured. So that'S nothing new.

And you could also edit the draft class and full attributes, looks etc for each player.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not close. NBA Live is so far behind 2K, it's absurd. To make a game as good as 2K, they will need to copy everything 2K does.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, but then it only determined if the player got hurt. Not the injury. It was a random injury.

Now every part has it's own rating. So Dwight is more likely to have a back injury and rose a knee. This means players bodies can break down over the years. So if you are playing as the thunder and KD tears his acl on his right leg, it's something you have to worry about in the future.

Yes you could edit draft classes. But now you can determine the quality of draft classes in one go with a slider. Not meticulously going in every one.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

2k really trying to listen to fans, but some core issues should've been adressed by now. Why not have a team work on a yearly title and a different team work on improving on the actual court play mechanics?

I will never understand the fascination with getting each tattoo right, the hair exactly like the real-life counterpart, the sleeves and do not get me started on the shoes. Who cares?? What would people rather have: a perfect game with no sleeves, not much happening in the audience, generic tattoos, all black and white shoes or all the additional stuff and a lot of core problems?

The only thing I hate about 2k is trying to sell us that something is new when it's already been in the game before (and taken out like pass control in 2k7 i believe) OR it's been in the game partly but has been improved OR has been already in the game for years but just has never been highlighted.

Last thing: not being able to edit generic players on classic teams is just downright stupid! And to all the former NBA players who are too greedy and keep us from getting other great classic teams: F U! Same goes for guys who've been in one year and then want more money.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah okay, didn't read the article. Sounds good.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The authentic stuff with slightly worse gameplay mechanics.
    Immersion is a huge reason why 2K is so popular. People want to play as Dwight Howard, James Harden, LeBron. Not some generic 6'8" black guy.
    People want to carry their teams, not some generic team.
    People want to have authentic broadcasting. People want Harlan and Kerr, not some random voice actor they find.

14. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

I feel like all they've done in the past couple of years is improve the aesthetics. They have been good. What they've seemed to ignore is the improvement of other areas in the game, the part most people seem to want. They seem to take a ton of fan feedback, but only to a certain extent, which often sadly doesn't result in as much change as we would've liked. I completely agree with the fact that we all love the immersion, but it isn't all we love and 2K sort of ignores that sometimes... Can we not have both? I think its perfectly reasonable to expect quality in both areas from a game some of us have repeatedly invested in. :rolleyes: You'll still find me in line at Gamestop on release day though because there isn't really a comparable alternative (As of now). This is probably why we haven't seen many mechanical improvements, because they know we have no choice. Darn you 2K and your monopoly over the basketball game world! :mad:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The 2k TV thing is dumb. Should have spent those resources making a highlight show for your season like that last NFL2k game.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe if that host was naked the entire time, that's the only way I would watch it.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Those are just predictions, not the actual ratings.

Ps, moar ratings have been released. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba2krank-rankings-for-every-nba-player/10152291565942267

So Beverley, Jones and Ariza will be ranked 78 or higher which is very surprising to me. I think it's actually possible they forgot of Beverley and Jones, they really don't have much business being rated 78 or above, but hey if so, more online wins fo me.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

2KTV?

corny as heo

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

anyone know what game I can find where they have the rockets 93 and 94 champion teams?

I have nba2k11 and that one has the freaking jazz team with stockton and malone.. ton of the jordan teams and it even has the sonics with payton and rainman.

live? 2k? what year?