1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 review

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bratna8, Oct 7, 2014.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Are slider adjustments still needed, and where do we get then, or have they resolved the need to do this for a good simulation. Haven't played in a few years, but willl rejoin the fun this year.

2. Cranberry_Juice

does manager mode still force you to worry about ticket sales, food sales, and all the other shiet that keeps you from enjoying the game?

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's why there is MyLeague. A more barebones association mode.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

MyLeague isn't more "bare bones". It's a sandbox association game. MyLeague is all about customization and freedom where MyGM is more about making you play realistic.

MyLeague is great. A huge reason why people were upset with 2k14 on Next Gen last year was because MyGM was too bare bones compared to association (no create-a-player, no multiplayer, couldn't control multiple teams, etc)

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Oh, wait, sorry RedRedemption. You're saying MyLeague is barebones compared to association, not compared to MyGM. I apologize :) I misread your post

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am really hoping they resolved the server issues. I was having a blast playing last night. I want to play all night tonight!

My first guy was signed by the Magic...after my first 10-day contract, the team was 9-43. I started a new guy after the server issues changed my guy's appearance and name and my team was destined for a top draft pick for the next 5 years.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I received 2k14 as a gift last year - should I pick up 2k15? I know 2k14 was pretty low on features are the new features in 2k15 worth it?

I saw some of the stuff like the improved AI motion offense when without the ball that look great but not sure if i want to drop 50-60 on the game

8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

It depends on your preference. If you are big into MyPlayer and offline gaming, 2k15 is a must-get, but if you are big into online and online association, you might as well wait until the price drops, because the new features are meant for offline.

9. RedRedemption

Some pictures I took.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The thing is that when the price drops on 2k, there will be a new 2k out already. It's how all the major titles work. Unless the game is absolute crap or there aren't people playing it (COD Ghost or Titanfall), prices won't drop until the next game comes out. Even then prices aren't guaranteed to drop because I've seen some old COD games keep their $60 price tag even when the new COD came out.

If you are iffy about buying the game, I would just wait a month or so. By then hopefully all the bugs are corrected and you can better judge if you want the game or not. If you're a big basketball person and you love playing with friends online or the idea of "living the NBA life", 2K is a must buy. Probably the best sport game out there, even including the Maddens and FIFAs.

11. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

NBA 2k usually goes on sale on Black Friday. I've paid between $29.99-39.99 on BF at Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Dang! This game looks sick! Good Pics!

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Glad they fixed the big man rebounding. My 2k14 guy was 7'2" and couldn't get 5rpg to save his life, even at a 97 rating. My new rookie is eating up the glass.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Is this worth getting for the PS3?

15. RedRedemption

No. Its basically a roster update for last gen consoles.
    Not worth it at $60 at least.

16. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Woot, my rated 70 rookie outplayed everyone in his first Dallas game.
    [​IMG]
    What's up with CP?
    [​IMG]

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I could not get it to work online last night. So frustrating.

18. Handles

Handles Member

This game is seriously bugging on me. Camera zooms in on players knees and stays there for several seconds at a time. The ref just stands around with the ball while all the players just stand with him. wtf I want to play the game but the bugs are making it unbearable. Also, the responsiveness of the controls is awful. I can be holding left for 3 seconds (slight exaggeration) before I start moving. Is this just me? Where can I get some realistic sliders that might fix it?

Oh btw I'm playing on ps4. Miss the xbox controller though...

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

People quit on me playing online especially the 2k Heroes mode

20. Awesome

Awesome Member

There is momentum, so just tap the stick and the player moves. It works when you feather the controls. If you try to launch full speed its going to take longer and the risk is higher.. its not like the past, its more realistic, so just feather the controls... it works