1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Oh, and also, the face-up and drive move in the post is a little subtle addition that makes a big difference, in my opinion.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've loved the mode now because of the improved teammate A.I and all the little differences has made it a lot of fun.

Like how if you do dumb things the Coach will just pull you out of the game and sit you and then will lower your minutes that you will have to earn back.

I'm not going to take him online, just going to enjoy it right now. I know that people on blacktop and myteam are just buying VC.

Blatant pay to win cash grab by 2k but people buy it any ways instead of earning it in game. Funny thing is the people who fill their my team rosters with Paul/Kobe/Lebron/Love/Howard usually suck.

3. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Nuggets one the championship in my 1st year, Thunder in the 2nd

Rockets turned down the team option for my third year :(
    rated 70, even if I did become the starting centre/power forard

I signed a 2 year contract with the Heat, Lebron and Wade got injured.
    I wanted out - got traded to the Suns.
    Dragic sucked, and Carmelo was injured.... :)

I demanded a trade to the Rockets or Thunder.
    I got traded to the Thunder!

Now we are rolling and flattening everyone! :cool:
    For some reason, once I got onto the Thunder and became the starting power forward, over Ibaka - my numbers jumped as far as rebounds and blocks go, hit a few 4 block games when simmed

Much easier to play when your on the Thunder, I just concentrate on boards, blocks and defence, but still get plenty of points from rolling into the pain off Westbrook or Harden

My Player/MyCareer is a lot harder this year - in a good way

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How do you do an alley-oop?

Not a fan of it being different to the controls for 2k12

5. ILoveTheRockets

A+X... and to throw a self ally oop you just push towards the goal and throw the oop

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Give it a little bit of time. The controls are SO much better than 2k12 once you get used to them. It's really not even close in my opinion.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

eh, so there are still lame and unnecessary trades and signings?

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm still early in myCareer. I think about 20 games in with 12 min quarters. I made a tall scoring PG. Got drafted by the Rockets with their first pick. In mulitple tries, the highest I could get considered was 6-8 or something, and I was ballin'!

Anyway, I cracked the starting lineup, and the team has only lost 2 games. I haven't changed the difficulty, but I think I might have to. It's a bit too easy. It wasn't so easy at first as I was adjusting to the new controls and play style.

I really like the game though. It's easier to pick up and play for friends I think.

To those that say it is the same game, I'm not sure what game you are playing.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I haven't seen that yet. Then again, my team is winning and I talk to the GM and say things are cool. Told him to give Lin more minutes just to see what would happen haha.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I made a my player: 6'3"PG. Drafted to SAC at 5. I'm 4th in the PG rotation, which sucks, but I just feed it to Cousins all day to get my AST. Cousins is a beast in that game.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Hey is the Dream team not in the PC version or do i have to unlock them, if so how??

12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

This game is so fun. You can flop and fall down while no one touches you. Just hold the circle button and also hold r 2 at the same time and start moving around.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I put Mcgrady on the bobcats and him,Kemba and MKG are a nice trio

14. jacoby

jacoby Member

A couple of questions.

Is there any way to switch back to 2k12's controls?

Is it possible to get drafted in the 2nd round in My Career?

And also, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH CHANDLER PARSONS? The creators completely forgot about him, looks like a r****ded asian.

15. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

No it's toned way down now!
    There are still some major trades, but that happens in real life too...

I'm in the third year and even old teams like Spurs still have Parker, Duncan and Manu. Same for Dallas, Dirk is still there.
    Lakers still have Kobe and Howard. Nash is gone though, may have retired.
    Nets still have Deron, Lopez, Humpheries and JJ

NY have Amare and Shumpert. Felton and Kidd are gone though.
    Looks like Carmelo and JR smith were traded to the Suns

Along with me, Motiejunas was let go by the Rockets and he signed with the heat :)
    Well after I left they still kept sucking, while I'm looking for my first ring on the Thunder :cool:

I don't think my guy will hit a 99 rating anytime soon. In NBA2k12 you can hit that within 3-4 years. I'm only at 71 now after 3 years.
    Maybe if you played every game you might, but I'm only playing key games.
    You also go through seasons faster when doing so.

16. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Not fully, the dribbling moves still requires the stick I think.
    But you can swap the modifier button with the right stick shooting, so it's like 2K12, this is what I did. So I have to hold down the left trigger to do dribble moves.
    This suits my PF player as I'm not going to be dooing a lot of shaking and baking...

Maybe, don't know...

17. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Anyone? How do i unlock the dream team?

18. jank1434

Just wait for the mods, man :rolleyes:

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Oh, so it doesn't come with the PC version? That blows. I mean i know we will get the mods sooner or later, but that means we don't get Barkley signature moves :(

Oh and :rolleyes:

20. jank1434

Haha, I'm not sure. I just thought it was funny how people were all over the mods because apparently they can do anything (which I don't doubt). I would've imagined they would be on there as a default. You don't have to do anything special to unlock any of the historical teams on the console versions this year for once.