1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Only two things I saw...

1) Spacing. I think this has been an issue with their games the last couple of years. It's like the court is too small and there isn't room to maneuver. Don't want it to where there is so much space, anyone can drive. But still, it seems there needs to be more spacing and have the defense act accordingly.

2) The AI Lakers.... what were they doing on offense? They were just either dribbling too much and trying to force a drive or passing it everywhere. It's like they had no idea how to run an offense or have any direction. I'm not too worried about this though. It seems their early gameplay videos have this every year, like it's an early build before they put in tendencies and coaching profiles, etc.

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Breaking Down NBA 2K13’s Game Modes
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/09/07/breaking-down-nba-2k13-s-game-modes.aspx

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

4. VBG

VBG Member

Am I missing something?

5. BigBird

he is referring to online leagues in the form they were in 2k11. like flex scheduling and limiting the amount of teams in the league, which hopefully will be features in 2k13, but not apparent from this article.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

A bit disappointed. Doesn't look much different in terms of gameplay or graphics. I see they still haven't gotten rid of those r****ded over head lob passes....and created players still look like they all come from the same brother and sister parents.

7. 713

713 Member

skip 2k13...looks exactly the same as 2k12..not buying this garbage again

8. BigBird

the gameplay is a bit improved, but it was already amazing. you should buy it for the new features they're bringing to my player if anything. 2k13 is going to be the best basketball game ever made.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess you don't like My Player mode.

It's the only reason I buy the game. Awesome!!

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

What is the difference between MyPlayer and MyCareer?

11. 713

713 Member

the gameplay = where big baby davis catches Lebron on a fast break... speed, speed, speed. All they needed to do was fix speed and update the roster and it seemes like they didn't... not worth 65 bucks.

12. BigBird

they said they fixed that...I mean you don't have to buy it, but when all of your friends have it and you tell them "2k12 is the same as 2k13" when they ask you why you can't play with them then you might reconsider.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

MyPlayer in 2k13 is essentially just the player you create. You can give him new clothes, increase his stats, and all that jazz.

MyCareer is the actual basketball career you play with your MyPlayer. It's essentially the old MyPlayer mode, but with enhanced features and such.

I hope that makes sense.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

3 more ratings released.

Chris Paul: 94 overall
    Amar’e Stoudemire: 84 overall
    Austin Rivers: 67 overall

Altogether released so far.

'00-'01 Allen Iverson: 95 overall
    Kevin Durant: 95 overall
    Kobe Bryant: 93 overall
    Scottie Pippen: 92 overall
    Carmelo Anthony: 92 overall
    Rajon Rondo: 90 overall
    Kevin Love: 89 overall
    Andrew Bynum: 87 overall
    Blake Griffin: 87 overall
    Tyreke Evans: 81 overall
    Anthony Davis: 80 overall
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: 78 overall
    Harrison Barnes: 75 overall
    Jared Dudley: 75 overall
    Thomas Robinson: 75 overall
    Chris Paul: 94 overall
    Austin Rivers: 67 overall
    Amar'e Stoudemire: 84 overall

15. BigBird

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NBA2K13">#NBA2K13</a> OA info From one of the Dev's: "You can open up the entire schedule for full flex scheduling this year in OA."</p>&mdash; Chris Manning (@LD2k) <a href="https://twitter.com/LD2k/status/244134960217325568" data-datetime="2012-09-07T18:08:04+00:00">September 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same here, not buyin dis ish because of new dribbling and a few my player upgrades.

Online servers will still be terrible, gameplay is pretty arcade if you really look into it.

17. VBG

VBG Member

That is baller status haha

I like what they've done. It's hard for 2k since the completely blew out EA Sports and have been putting a great product out. They will get criticized for every small thing but they are still trying to improve the game which is awesome.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its only 30 dollars for the PC version.
    Well worth it. Considering NBA Live, a steaming piece of **** is $15.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

No. It makes no sense. They keep sounding like the same mode to me.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Okay I'll try again...

MyPlayer isn't an actual game mode. It's simply you creating your player and outfitting him with whatever clothes, tattoos, and accessories you want and stuff like that.

MyCareer IS a game mode. It's the game mode that you import the MyPlayer that you created into, and play out the seasons, sign endorsements, demand trades, etc.

If you can't understand that, then that's the best I can do. Read about it online.