1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In what way? 95% at 2kforums say it's way too easy. You can put up nubmers that would make Oscar Robertson blush and your team can beat 72wins every season.

2. bongo33

bongo33 Member

The ny player trades are cheese. I 'm on the Spurs (got traded there). Somehow Gilbert ARenas was on the team. In he ffseason they traded him for DIRK! So now my team is great at pick and rolls with TD and Dirk. I also made the game winner in game 7 againdt the cheat!

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Or you talkin about trading in MP?:confused:

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Best thing in 2k is seeing 5+ coaches getting fired in the first weeks, rest of season 15+.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

No, I wasn't aware you could do manual trades on My Player.

I was talking about the gameplay by itself. I think I tried 10 games of My Player Mode. Sucked at PG. Too difficult to defend and kept making "bad" passes. So I quit it like a bad habit.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You have to get used to it, my current numbers are like 44ppg, 7ast, 7reb, 1.5blks, 1.5stl, 2topg in 6min/quarter. 70 fg%, 60 3pt%. MP is no competition.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Play NBA2K like a basketball player, and get rewarded with great gameplay in full.

Play NBA2K like a gamer, ........

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True dat, only good expierence is agains friends that play sim, or in leagues that have certain rules. CPU has dumb tendencies and tends to cheese. Ranked or Crew, I won't even begin....

9. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Third season with Rockets:

Lowry/Dragić/Lin
    Harden/Leonard
    W.Chandler/G.Hayward/Vesely
    Griffin/Patterson
    Horford/Valančiunas/Fab Melo

All players are a B potential or higher, I have 10 picks in the next two years and I'm $5 mil under the salary cap. It's too easy to make a superstar team.

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I was drafted by the Hawks in one My Player sim. I had a game against the Grizzlies when I went 2-10, got completely torched by Randolph, and was just completely ineffective.

I got 2 more mpg after that game. Yeah, My Player needs to have a realistic sim for those of us who don't want to be putting up Chamberlain numbers from day 1.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice team bro, should be good on D and transition.

12. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Couple of buddies and I started an online fantasy league, with a 20 game season, playoffs and fantasy draft. $20 buy in. It's helping us weather the lockout storm.

Pretty bad ass setup, you can draft your squad and just play opponents whenever they're online (it'll show up in your league's menu) or schedule a time in the future that you guys play your game. We have 15 team owners and so far it's been a great season.

Here's my lineup (im the rockets of course and we always rock the classic uniforms):

C: Amare Stoudamire/Demarcus Cousins/Mareese Speights
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Andrei Kirilenko
    SF: Shawn Marion/Rasual Butler/Jared Dudley
    SG: Kevin Martin/OJ Mayo
    PG: Baron Davis/Courtney Lee

13. itony

itony Member

can you use your myplayer outside of myplayer mode? like transfer him to a team and use him in a quick game/association?

14. VBG

VBG Member

I've been playing a regular association on superstar (hall of fame is too frustrating, sometimes I move it to HoF before getting nagry and going back to superstar) with of course the Rockets.

Used a couple of trades to end up with -

PG - Lowry, Dragic
    SG - Kevin Martin, C. Lee
    SF - Nic Batum, Mikael Pietrus
    PF - Pattrick Patterson, Joran Hill, Ilyasova
    C - Chuch Hayes, Thabeet

I have the Bucks first round pick and the Suns first round pick.

Patterson is really good in the game. I can sccore pretty regularly with him in the post.

15. Chamillionaire

what mode do you have to be in in order to get other teams (CPU) to make offers for trades to you? Every time I offer to make a trade, they accept. So it's not any fun (season mode).

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Good team, great defensive spirit.
    Center is your weak spot right now, but you should be able to draft a good C, look if you wanna move up in the Draft for a better chance of getting a franchise C.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I never played Season Mode, don't know if it has the same options as Association ("force trade"). You should really play Association, way better experience and lots of details you can influence. You get tons of trade offers from cpu teams, too.

18. AXG

AXG Member

I'm in my 2nd season in Association with the Rockets.

Lowry/ Dragic/ Flynn
    Martin/ Lee/ Rookie SG (forgot his name, called up from D-League)
    Williams/ Budinger
    Bosh/ Patterson/ Motiejunas
    Yao/ Vucevic/ Thabeet

Btw if anybody wants to form a crew, my GT is AG7. I'm a PG.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When 100k people tweet #NBA2K12, they will reveal the cover.

Ronnie-
    "Trust me. I know I'm the hype machine so it's my job but no cover is going to blow you away more than this one. Spread #NBA2K12, let's trend"

20. Chamillionaire

Do you guys play 12 minute quarters or 5 minute quarters? It`s hard to compete with the CPU when you play 5 minute quarters statistically. Even if I`m undefeated, none of my players would be at the top of any category except FG%.