1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've got to say at first I was pissed about the My Player update but I do see the benefit now.

Player shoot shots they are supposed to shoot and running plays help get good mismatches. I've adjusted well and love it.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I wish you could demand a coach be fired or a player be traded.

3. aggie87

aggie87 Member

every time I try to play online, everyone picks the Miami Heat....pretty frustrating as they are nearly unstoppable in this game

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Is this update also for the PC? I wouldn't mind a update which makes my teammates a bit better (Westbrook and Durant do not seem to be able to shoot a FG% higher than 30%), and also making it a bit harder for me (last 10 games I have been averaging 40 points and 25 rebounds with a FG% of 60)

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Pick the Lakers lol. With Bynum and Gasol, you can tear up anything Miami tries to put up front.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I beat them with the Magic all the time.

Auto Double Lebron and just force them to shoot outside. Dwight owns the boards and Lewis is King from 3 point land.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Played team-up for the first time today. It's a whole lot of fun. I got tired of doing games online and everyone picking the heat or lakers.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Corey Maggette sucks. He never passes me the ball.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

That's because he's Corey Maggette.

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Did you get drafted by the bucks?

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I have the same problem with Gay.

Oh well, I've pretty much replaced Mayo...who is demanding a trade.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I noticed on my player mode as a point gaurd i can't call plays, the play is already drawn out for me. Anyway to change this?

13. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

You have to play well for a certain period of time, then the coach will trust you with play calling abilities.

14. Htown's2kFinest

With the updates I been getting for our team you shouldn't have any problem beating them if you know how to use the Rockets. Martin is unstoppable. And once Yao Ming is back the team will be the easily the best online team.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Has anyone elses NBA 2k11 totally frozen up when trying to Load MyPlayer?

I saved MyPlayer in the middle of a game. Now, whenever I try to load Myplayer back up, it goes into the "game screen" with my objectives, but then just blanks out and freezes up my Xbox, when its about to actually start the game.

Ugh, there is no way for me to even cancel the game and just go back into MyPlayer.

Edit: Just googled, and it seems common around the 15th game or so in the season. Seems about right, Iwas on the GSW's playing the Rockets. :mad:

#1015 AMS, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  16. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

This;
    Got drafted by the Rockets, after re-starting a new my player profile, it was too good to be true, we beat the lakers 1st game, 2nd game against GSW I saved & quit. Next day I try to load it and a screen pops up saying "file is corrupted" :( saddest day of my life, had to start a new one AGAIN, drafted by Portland :( DAMN YOU 2k11!!!

17. joesr

joesr Member

Association Mode
    Is there an option to lower the hard cap or something similar with similar effects?

I am getting tired of staying below the LT while ALL other teams in two years are 20-30mil above the LT. Its just not realistic.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah this sucks, so what I do is turn on the "force trades" option and get even.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you save a game in the middle of a game it will freeze up. It did it to me in 2K10 when I was playing in my association mode. Saved it in the middle of a game and it froze everytime I tried to play it.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's not hard to put up numbers on Hall of Fame for my player but it sure is hard to win. I play for the Nets and the only games we won was when I was coming off the bench or when I was out with an injury. The computer never misses.