1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

One of the teams I play on is Washington and my players goes by "the Wizard"

Too bad it's on Association mode. I think on My Player mode, any arrogant answer would be justified.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

3. Steve_Francis_rules

According to the online tracking, mine should be waiting for me when I get home. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for a work related trip this weekend, so I won't be playing it for at least a week.

4. Htown's2kFinest

Patch and update is available now. The patch was a minor one just to fix some online issues. The full patch is still to come.

The roster update now finally has Ish Smith and I told them to put in Dampier for Taylor. I aslo let them know about Scola's play and he got a big boost. :grin: And Ish Smith has a nice rating to start off with.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hopefully Ish has a good showing tomorrow, seeing that Lowry is out... wait... did they get the Lowry injury in?

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Looking to make a SG/PG.

What do you guys like the most??

Athletic, scoring, all around???

Help me out!

7. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Athletic, trust me the extra speed is helpful.

8. Htown's2kFinest

No. Mostly like cause he is listed as day-to-day and he played in the last game. I was looking foward to using him online but you can only use him offline unless you draft him in a lg or tourney. If Lowry is out longer than Ish will definitely be in. He's got a little special on his rating too. I won't say but he is pretty nice. He's the 2nd highest rated rookie PG as of now, only behind John Wall. :) Just sucks that Jeffries is now on the inactive list. His help on defense was BIG.

9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Is there a way to shoot better at the 3 point line besides increasing your 3 pt shot?

My 3 point shot is 81 as of now and I always get perfect release but I'm shooting like 27% from downtown.

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Consistency, shoot off dribble, shoot in traffic.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't like how some things are caped in My Player that don't make sense. I mean as a PG I can't have a higher shoot in traffic rating than 75 or a higher shoot off dribble than 80. What's up with that?

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I guess they don't want a PG who is Kobe-esque haha

13. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

My players get unhappy so easily in association mode.

I draft a dude third overall hoping that in about a season he can take over as my starting SG. Well he ends up a 72, and I have the opportunity to sign one of the leagues young superstars (only 24) at SG, so I take it. I figure the SG I drafted will just be my back-up, then in about a season or two when hes too good for that, I'll explore trade options, or maybe see about converting one of the two to SF or something.

Well a few games in and he's already unhappy and bringing my team morale down. Soon he was pretty much useless unless I did something with him, and I already had two people in the sixth man role to keep them happy.

Seriously, he was a rookie and only rated 72, wouldn't it be kinda reasonable that he'd sit a season without getting all huffy and puffy and killing my team chemistry?

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I may complain about the game, but it does provide some pretty good entertainment.

For example:

"Suns dangling Nash in hopes of landing Battier."

Reminds me of some of the audio errors in the game. I've heard them call Battier "Battie" (ala Tony Battie), and they've referred to Ben Wallace as "Gerald Wallace." Maybe just the PC version. Didn't really notice it in previous games if it was there, but I might have missed it.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Get as close as you can to the 3pt line.

Don't take bad shots. Don't rush shots; DO shoot in rhythm. It's easier to make a shot off a pass than to shoot off a dribble.

And then the rest just comes down to luck. Even the greatest 3pt shooter ever might not be able to make a wideopen shot every once in a while. **** happens.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UwU841N7Y8o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UwU841N7Y8o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

This frustrates me as well. I had scrubs like Sanduata Gaines, of all people, asking for more minutes and a better role. My team chemistry dipped to dangerous levels, so I got fed up and turned off the chemistry option. Unfortunately, for some reason players still get unhappy.

2k's failed attempts of being "too" realistic? If they want realistic, they should first and foremost fix the players skating around and enable quick inbounds.

18. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Seriously it ticks me off that I'm wide open for 3s all the time and I still manage to miss it. The person thats guarding me always sags off and teases me to shoot. I feel like I'm Budinger D:

Another thing that bothers me is this glitch. I would be around the 3 point line and they would call a loose ball foul even though I'm so far away from the ball. I could be standing there and they would call a loose ball foul on me.

19. aggie87

aggie87 Member

2k11 is on sale at Kmart.com/in store for $36 with $1 shipping, I ordered a copy last night :grin:

20. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Try playing a Rockets vs. Spurs game, get Jordan Hill and George Hill guarding each other on a switch, and you'll hear Grant Hill's name get called constantly. I think it's a new bug, and it seems incredibly lazy...