1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Htown's2kFinest

they say the My Player mode is drastically improved. no more the the annoying bugs. i really never used it tho cause I played quick rank games, tourneys, or lg games.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Online play was complete trash last year.

Are they going to have lobbies???

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So I played 2K9 but did not purchase 2K10.

Did they change the ISO-MOTION this year? Or has it been like this since 2K10? I used to be pretty good with jukes but it's confusing to me now.

Also, how do you back your opponent down? It used to be a trigger button on 2K9.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They simplified the iso-motion just a little bit to where it's easier to control and it feels a lot smoother.

5. Htown's2kFinest

both triggers for backing down someone now. you can use it to also to bring the ball up Gary Payton style. that reminds me, the Rain Man is on the game. he's got his own dunk package :eek: can't wait to try that out too.

also here are the controls...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YEA NBA 2K 11!!!

WOOT WOOT!

7. itony

itony Member

thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. SunsRocketsfan

just played the demo.. debating if i should get this.. i might skip a year for more drastic improvement.. the graphics are only slightly improved over 2k10, the framerate is a bit smoother. but other than some new moves the gameplay is almost identical as 2k10.. HMMM

9. foo82

foo82 Member

If that video is true from the first page, it seems like running plays are better too. No more AI sticking to every player like glue.

10. SunsRocketsfan

yeah the demo is very short so its hard to tell.. they should have let you play one whole game.. 2k is so cheap.. You can play a whole 5 min qtr game in Madden Demo.. But so far im not sold on the 2k11 demo..

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I am by no means trying to promote or sell you on the game, but I wouldn't judge the game just based on the demo. For the last 3 weeks, 2K has consistently come out with news on improvements on this year's iteration and it's pretty mind-blowing IMO.

I don't play My Player, but just the things they added to that mode alone were pretty cool. The demo doesn't show of the VERY deep play-calling system and unique plays they implemented for not only each team, but assigned plays for individual players as well. Just watch some of Da Czar's "10 Teams in Ten Days" videos and you can see just how far they went with those. Association updates I believe are coming out this week but they've already announced upgrades to the stadiums, crowds and their "behavior"/attendance, mascots and cheerleaders. Hell, they even have a half-time show with implemented highlights featuring some guy who does the pre and post-game shows for the Warriors. The list of things they added/upgraded this year pretty staggering and the amount they have done in one year of production is something I've never seen in my 20+ years of playing video games.

Seriously, I would wait till it drops and see what all they have before judging whether you should skip or not... not by the demo.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

What system do you play on?

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

After seeing this video I'm second guessing now...i guess once you learn the controls it could be a very big improvement from the last game although, even on 2k10, i did not take advantage of all the moves, I never bothered to learn them all.

14. Htown's2kFinest

360, you?

15. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Wow that was pretty. :eek:

16. Htown's2kFinest

here's the latest gameplay vid

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/50xwJ8AIebY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/50xwJ8AIebY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

There should be a setting to change the shinyness of the ball...lol.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

PS3...sorry I dont play with toys.

:p J/K

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I played the demo for this and elite yesterday. Both are horrible. What the hell has happened to sports video games? The only one I can still trust is Fifa and Fifa 11 is downgraded from Fifa 10.