1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA ‎2010-11 All Defensive Teams: Chuck Hayes & Kyle Lowry snubbed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, May 9, 2011.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I could support this list.

2. NMS is the Best

Kobe doesn't belong on there. :mad:

3. AXG

AXG Member

Why is Kobe on there? He usually "guards" the weakest offensive wing player to preserve him for offense.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kobe? are you shetting me, most overated defender of all time.

5. New Generation

I'm actually happy with what Chuck Hayes got. Don't get me wrong, I love his game, but he's no Howard or Ibaka (Defensively Wise AND Height-wise)

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

NBA ‎2010-11 All Defensive Teams: Martin & Budinger & Scolar snubbed

7. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

i'm not trying to defend anyone but it's the nba head coaches who vote. Clearly they know something better than all of us.

8. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

On the plus side, the odds that some desperate franchise tosses Chuck a big contract we can't match just went down...

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

All-Defensive team is a joke. Kobe has NEVER been the best defensive SG in the league, yet he seems to make All-Defensive first team every year.

10. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Watta about Andrew Bynum with the elbow ? thats like automatic first defensive team ?

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Kobe on first team is a joke. Chuck is a good defender like Oakley who never got mentioned in the award area of defense. Lowry was very average defensively this year. He stuck to screens, did alot of reaching and passed his man off because he was trying to get offensive rebounds.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ony 6 players out of 42 players that received votes came from non-playoff teams. They were:

Grant Hill 11 (4)
    Chuck Hayes 10 (2)
    Kyle Lowry 2
    Luc Mbah a Moute 2
    Andrew Bogut 1
    Teyshaun Prince 1

For one of the worst overall defenses in the league for most of the season and a non-playoff team at that, to have two players on our team get votes is saying something. You could take that group of 6 I just listed and make quite a playoff run with them.

That's why I say, if you add a quality small forward and a quality defensive big to our team and only take away one core piece (Scola), you've got a contender.

13. spressa

spressa Member

Kobe hasn't played on the ball defense in forever, he also doesn't guard the other team's best player at all anymore. Lebron still guards the other teams best player and does extremely well at it. 1st team is a maybe to me....but at the same time, i wouldn't fully disagree with it. kobe bryant doesn't deserve to be on the all defensive team anymore...anywhere pre 2006-2007 probably, not not in the past 3-4 years does he deserve to be....

if you think he does...you're obviously tasting some serious kobe nuts right now in your mouth

1 person likes this.