1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[National Press] Expert: Simple game plan — give Yao the dang ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leilei, Apr 29, 2009.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I live in a world where the other team will do their dangdest to keep the ball out of Yao's hands. They wont just concede that he will get the ball. They will fight, scratch, and claw to prevent him from getting the pass. Sometimes they don't succeed and Yao gets the ball. But next possession they dont give up and repeatedly organize their entire defense around getting the ball to Yao. They obviously dont care too much if Scola is scoring. They want to keep it away from Yao.

Someone should pass the memo that they should only play some token post entry defense on Yao, instead of going all in on keeping him away from the ball. I mean, ya know once Yao gets to 20 points for the game its all over but the whining about the refs. Doesnt matter if he scores it in the first quarter, 2nd quarter, or the last shot of the game. If Yao scores 20, somehow the Rockets will magically have more points than the Blazers.
    :rolleyes:

2. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I guess the Blazers will use double team on yao at any time he gets the dang ball, Pryz is a trash but Blake or Roy will be a big threat to yao and his ball. An elephant has no solution to the lice on his back.

3. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Do you even watch Rox games? There are numerous times when Yao held his ground, sealed off his defender, while AB or Artest simply ignored him.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, i have counted about 5 or 6 times.

The entire series.

5. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

yeah, 5 or 6 times for 10 seconds