1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nate McMillan says Paul George is not a leader; Paul George agrees.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Oct 26, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/pacers-coa...asnt-leader-george-kind-agrees-210736012.html

McMillan essentially questioned George’s willingness to be a leader. Gone were Danny Granger, David West and others who helped shoulder the burden of expectations that were only increasing after trips to the 2013 and 2014 Eastern Conference finals. In their place were veterans just passing through Indiana (Jeff Teague and Monta Ellis) and young up-and-comers (Myles Turner and Glenn Robinson).

And George didn’t necessarily disagree. Take his thought process behind his departure, for example:

Specifically asked about McMillan’s comments, George added, via IndyStar.com again:

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He a clown

Jontro likes this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

What’s up with all these ex coaches calling out players for not being leaders, b**** you’re the coach, you’re the one that’s supposed to lead by example.

Reeko, RasaqBoi, Cash Cam and 6 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The way Paul George admits to not being a leader almost feels ok. I wonder if Harden admitted he wasn't a leader in the same way would we, and the media, have accepted it?

lol, who am I kidding?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a lot of talk from Paul in response to not being a leader.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just call McMillan a clown.

6. rockpileindisma

In before @swyyyguy draws conclusions from this and turns it around on harden then @vlaurelio comes to the rescue and starts attacking innocent people

BigShasta, BigMaloe, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Third option at best on a championship team.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I wish Harden, like Paul George, just admitted what we all know - he's not a leader instead of calling classy Kevin McHale a clown. In the end, Harden looks like and is the clown. P.S.: Paul George >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harden. Better leader, better player."

- ClutchFans

9. malakas

malakas Member

I think every lokerroom must have a leader (NOT the coach, a player), and that it's understandable if the star isn't the leader.
    Not every human can be a leader.
    Curry, Durant, George, Harden aren't leaders and that's fine.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So PG basically plays hard, and if anything tries to lead by example. I've never seen Duncan open his mouth before, did Duncan do anything all that differently? But Duncan won so he must be a leader?

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

curious how many wins in the weast did PG lead the Pacers to..

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

According to social media "leadership" = extroverts who do lots of YELLING, confrontation, and drama.

Apparently being a professional and leading by example.....those subtleties don't quantify.

So you future leaders out there, shake your fist!

13. Nook

Nook Member

I hear "leader" thrown around a lot.

Honestly, Michael Jordan wasn't a leader, he was just an incredible player that was so good that his teammates feared him.

Kareem was a terrible leader. Even "leaders" like Bird and Magic have had ex teammates state they were not always great leaders.

If anyone is a leader, it should be the the head coach.

The problem with Paul George is that he isn't always motivated by basketball and he isn't always focused...... that and stop having sexual relations with your centers wife.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'll take Harden over George so I think that comment is mostly idiotic. I like McHale but the Rockets didn't win under him until Harden started playing. Harden has issues but if you want to kiss Paul George's ass be my guest just don't drag us into it.

fba34 likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek:

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

That is so true. It's funny when people ask those old Bulls players and coaches who the real leader of that team was almost to a man they say Scottie Pippen. Despite his mistakes over the years players say that they could go to Scottie and talk to him about things while Michael mostly looked down on them and verbally and sometimes physically abused them. It's just funny seeing these fans attacking Harden if you asked them who a great leader was they would just rattle off Jordan, Magic or Bird or Kobe but many ex players would mention other players. To each is own I guess.

hakeem94 and apollo33 like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think guys like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant have ever widely been regarded as great leaders. They are great competitors. But they also have stinky personalities. Teammates would have punched them in the face if they weren't so good at playing basketball.

Leadership and talent is so very often confused. The best leader on a team is often not the best player.

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

just goes to show you what the average "supastaw" thinks of himself

Harden said eff a superteam, you either joining me in houston, or im doing it my way. Its too many durants out here in league now( i mean that in the most hateful way possible)

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The idea that you can't be a leader if you don't get in people's faces and aren't vocal all the time is dumb. These are adults, if they need someone to get in their face then I question their passion more than the leader's ability to lead.

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Agreed!