1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nash vs CP3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Oct 24, 2014.

?

Better?

1. CP3

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Nash

60 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nash has actually played in a conference finals.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take CP3. He still has a chance to get a ring, his defense is much better, and his shooting is a little worse, but facilitation skills are right up there with Nash.

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Sure CP3 has better defense, but Nash is a much better shooter. Sure CP3 can take over games sometimes, or most of the time, but he can not elevate his team the way Nash did. Nash has much bigger impact on the team

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

To me, CP3 just seems like a better player, but CP3 has not really gone anywhere in the playoffs, while Nash has gone further. Hard to say.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

If you gave Nash and CP3 identical teams for a season they would probably both win a similar number of games, but at the end of the season you would think it wasn't a fair comparison because Nash was given better players to start with.

He was a better point guard.

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Nash made Amare Stoudimare an all star and Paul made Blake Griffen... well.. you know..

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A top 5 player in the NBA, apparently.

8. slestack11

slestack11 Member

CP3 has probably the best assist the turnover ratio in the history of the NBA. That coupled with the fact that he often leads the league in steals, his value statistically is very high. On top of these factors, he also has the ability to take over a game as the primary scorer if he needs to, but he is smart enough to not go to that well too often. I think Nash is a great scorer, but his overall stats in his glory seasons are a bit inflated due to D'antoni's offense in Phoenix.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am no fan of either guy. But I'd take Griffin over Stoudamire any day.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>By my definition, Steve Nash teams led the NBA in offensive rating every season from 2001-02 through 2009-10. <a href="http://t.co/AqPUrtVRrw">pic.twitter.com/AqPUrtVRrw</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/525448181912723456">October 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

CP3 has the all around skills to be in that tier of legendary PGs, but the guy is missing the umph, or finishing touch that Nash seems to have. Nash was awfully close to getting a ring a couple of years, the spurs just happened to do what the spurs do and unlucky suspensions got in their way. I've seen CP3 fold under that moment year after year, its kind of hard to defend someone when they've never even gotten to the conference finals. Nash in his prime was unreal, lol at everyone saying it was just Dantoni's system.

12. adobo

adobo Member

Definately Nash. CP3 is not far, but Nash in his prime controlling the offense was a beauty to watch

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Exactly. Amare needed Nash more than Blake needs CP3

Let's start a poll, who is better, Griffin vs Amare, and see how that goes

It's funny how you read the posts in this thread and it sounds like CP3 is the clear winner of the poll, but the poll has Nash by over twice the votes.

Nash should go down has one of the best shooters ever, but for some reason no one ever includes him in the list of best shooters.

I know it is interesting to compare CP3 to the most recent PG to retire. But in fairness to Nash, the poll should be Nash vs Stockton. They are the most similar in PG skills

Nash and Stockton are equal in playmaking and Nash was clearly the better shooter.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Amar'e was a beast before his injuries. He was 25/8 without Nash in NY.

15. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

You changed your mind mid post lol cmon man

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Amare was an MVP player his first year in NY. Injuries derailed his career, not "not" playing with Nash.

Both would have been all-stars without Nash/Paul. Griffin has a higher ceiling. He was the first pick after all.

17. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I gotta go with Nash, the dude is so tough and was a pretty solid Iron Man for most of his career despite the play style and amount of minutes he played.

He kept the Amare-less Suns in playoff contention for at least one season. The dude could do whatever it took to make his team great. I also think he was/is a much better team leader than Paul may ever be.

I think it's been understated how valuable a guy like steve nash is to your team.