1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NASCAR] Tony Stewart apparently runs over opposing driver

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 9, 2014.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

What's the problem, if he wasn't at fault at all?

If the CEO of your company runs over a kid who strays out into the middle of the highway, should he shut down the company for a week?

Not racing would be an admission of at least some guilt, imo.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What was that kid thinking. Poor, poor decision made in the heat of the moment, unfortunately. Hopefully, he died on the track and didn't suffer.

Really sucks for Stewart. I'm sure people will always question him for this, especially (if I recall correctly) because of known temper issues.

I'd be shocked if he races today.

3. Two Sandwiches

Bad analogy.

If you're Shamu, and you accidentally drown your trainer, would you perform at the next show?

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Worse analogy.

How many hundreds of employees does that whale trainer have working under him? How many millions of sponsor dollars were doled out and relying on him?

And is the next show his last best chance to get into the whale training playoffs?

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Well NASCAR just announced that he will be allowed to compete.

Let's see what his sponsor has to say.

6. Mattj

Mattj Member

Problem is he's operating a vehicle at 200MPH and probably isn't in the greatest mental state and peak level of awareness given the incident. It's a safety issue IMO.

7. Two Sandwiches

Who is his sponsor? Last I knew, I think it was Home Depot?

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

His primary sponsor is Mobil 1. Rush Truck Center is sponsoring him today.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

S***. Wish I didn't watch that.

Bad stuff all around.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If I killed someone with a car less than 12 hours before, even if by accident, I don't think I'd even hop in the car to drive to the grocery store, much less be prepared to drive a car in a race.

How the hell did the guy even sleep last night?

1 person likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course there is still an investigation pending (it will be investigated as an “on track accident” according to the sheriff, Stewart will most likely not be facing criminal charges unless there is some big, shocking revelation), but here’s what I will say…

1. Ward getting out of his car, running around the track and obviously intending to get in front of a car is a boneheaded move(though may he rest in peace).

2. Tony Stewart absolutely hits the throttle. You can hear it. Whether he did that to hit Ward, which would be surprising in this situation, or to get around but fishtailed and accidentally caught Ward, I really don’t know.

3. Tony Stewart is racing in NASCAR today. That is OUTRAGEOUS. I accidentally ran over a squirrel once and cried for about a week. Dude ran over, and killed, a ****ing human being and 12 hours later is just like “GOTTA GET THAT CHECKERED FLAG, BABY!! YEEEHAWWW!” How is NASCAR allowing him to race? Even Goodell would give out a suspension for this.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What if he effing won today? What if he gets the checkered flag...and they do the little ceremony with big smiles and a pretty girl...about 20 hours or so after he ran some dude over and killed him? How surreal would that be?

What a nightmare for that family grieving the loss of their son/brother/friend. What a horrible image for NASCAR if that happened.

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

NASCAR needs to have him sit out...if they actually allow him to race it would be pretty horrible

14. Two Sandwiches

If someone runs Stewart off the track and ends his day in the first couple of laps, I will become a hardcore NASCAR fan, pledging allegiance with that driver, as of that moment.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's insane. What an ass.

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

They just announced hes not racing today...smart move.

17. i3artow i3aller

Can’t believe it was even up for discussion.

18. Two Sandwiches

I wonder if that's by his choice or someone else's.

Its the right thing, regardless.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

I'm sure you don't care much for NASCAR specifics, but of all the reasons for him not to race today, safety to the other drivers isn't one. It's a road course today, and they'll be going like 120 on avg. The cars are safe as hell nowadays. He couldn't kill somebody (inside of their car) going 120 if he tried.

NASCAR wouldn't have cleared him if safety was a concern.

20. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

If you slow down the video or pause it right before Stewart hits the other driver I swear it seems as though his car is accelerating. The other driver was an idiot for trying to confront Stewart on the race track after Stewart pinned his car against the wall like that, but Stewart could have swerved out of the way or at least not sped up and hit this kid.

Me thinks Stewart should be arrested for voluntary manslaughter at the very least. If not second degree murder.