1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Narcos Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jul 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Watched it over the weekend and I was not disappointed, definitely addictive, informative and entertaining. I give a solid B-B+

IMO season 1 was stronger, since its usually more interesting/easy to develop, build a story than tie everything together and end a story.

At about the midway point I was wondering how long they were going to drag out escobar's pursuit/downfall. Perhaps drag out is the wrong word, but it was IMO wearing thin.

Not much else bothered me, well aside from the storyline involving the attorney general and got sick of escobars mom.

I for one wuld love to watch a season 3 which details the rise and fall of the cali cartel. Aside from rooting for Pena/murphy/comlumbia to get escobar, I was also rooting for someone anyone to take out the cali cartel.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

about half way through, this show is awesome

Pedro Pascal is really good

3. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I still always catch my self wondering how Oberyn Martell would handle Pena's situation, lol.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

In the event anyone was wondering, renewal for seasons 3 and season 4 are official.

(spoiler alert)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1mgXpnfw6Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

For me this is probably the finale.

One thing that I wondered watching this was that it seemed like capturing Pablo was the Colombian government number one priority, I wonder if that was true in real life. If so why didn't they send in the Army?

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Just finished season 2. I enjoyed it very much, even knowing some of the actual story, they did a good job of keeping it captivating and interesting. I can't imagine the next season would work unless the antagonist is someone compelling the way that Pablo Escobar was. I was hoping they would move on to the Mexican cartels. Some interesting and well-known villains there with a lot of violence and corruption. Maybe too soon?

7. Buck Turgidson

Season 1 was superior to me, but the 2nd was still solid. It did however take some pretty extensive liberties with the truth, especially regarding the role of the US military, especially the Delta Force, and the involvement of Javier Pena with Los Pepes was largely fabricated.

The story of the Cali cartel is pretty amazing, European mercenaries, links to Russian mobsters, a hilarious clusterf**k of a plot to kill Escobar while he's in prison involving a private plane and El Salvadoran Air Force bombs, a massive spy network throughout Colombia....

8. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

I wish I could understand spanish and watch the show instead of reading subtitles. Still, great series.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I was wondering about that. I'm not sure I would enjoy this show as much if I didn't speak spanish. I mean, if a show is good, it's good, no matter what language its in. I would just get annoyed reading when something important is going on.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The only thing that's annoying is Pablo's fake mouth drown and stupid stuffed stomach. Oh i forgot to add that dumb penguin walk

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, understanding Spanish definitely helps (I'm not perfectly fluent...), but I know enough I don't have to read the subtitles every single time. And... it's interesting on shows when they use a bit different translations (not necessarily on this show), I've seen that on close captioning too sometimes for English as well. I know enough Spanish to listen to a convo and then... Slowly respond, haha

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I loved season 1 but haven't been able to get through S2E1 yet because my attention span is just not allowing me to follow along with the subtitles!! I'll try again tonight.

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

It does get distracting. I will watch the scene, and read the subtitles. Then I will rewind and watch the scene again, to try and pay attention to the scene itself to try and catch the details/clues that might be important to the story.

14. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, there's a whole lot of idioms and local quirks that don't make it into the subtitles. I haven't spent enough time in Colombia to know, so I read the subtitles as I watched, but I can tell you that watching a movie from many countries just loses a ton in the translation if you can't follow the spoken word.

Test it. Watch a movie in english with the english subs on.

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Definitely. My Uncle Vernon is hard of hearing, and refuses to wear his hearing aid. I hang out with the guy, I love the hell out of him, hes my boy! ..... But DAMN watching TV with him sucks because he uses the captions for everything he watches. It really districts the hell out of me, and I cant help but pay attention to the captions. The news gets complicated sometimes,lol.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Liked season 2 more, love the soundtrack

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'd like to hear you subtitle complainers watch IP man.

18. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Wonder which cast members return for season 3

19. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Is there a good link or article that sums up some of the stuff that Pablo ACTUALLY did vs what is fabricated for TV. I looked up a lot of the wikis for everyone but they don't go into too much detail about the violence / operations. I don't want to read a whole book.

I loved the second season too. Actually interested to see what happens with the Cali cartel now and I hope after they wrap up the 3rd season with Cali they dive into the Mexican cartels for seasons 4 and 5.

20. Buck Turgidson

Watch the 1 hour-ish long documentaries I posted, one is History channel, one is Nat Geo, iirc. That's about as Cliff Notes as you can get.