1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Name 1 thing you are 99.9% sure about after Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by steddinotayto, Sep 16, 2014.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

When you have a talent like Luck, you take things for granted. I'm sure the FO expects him to make a big jump this year. Hasn't happened the first 2 games, but it's a long long season.

He's finishing drives better this year than last, more TDs. What he needs to learn is get rid of the ball faster (b/c his O-line sucks)

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think the one thing we can take outta week 2 is how important the system is for a (developing) QB.

The fact that there's still a debate about Luck has just as much to say about Pep Hamilton and his refusal to open up the offense they way that Bruce Arians did. The lack of target chemistry outside of Wayne is a legitimate factor and forcing targets to Fleener is just wasting targets on a bad football player.

Foles who probably has no outstanding quarterback tendencies and probably equivalent receiving talent is still putting up 300 yards because of the system and their runningbacks.

3. t_mac1

System matters, unless you're Aaron Rodgers or the true elites.

Look at Russell Wilson. He's a system QB. We may never know how good he can be, but he basically manages games. I think he has the LOWEST yards per game since he came into the league, with Kaep 2nd.

4. Buck Turgidson

C'mon, you gotta try to make more sense than that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 99.9% sure that if you started Roddy White this week and didn't pay attention to the news, you're really upset right now.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Fat Randy has improved.

Also, I wouldn't challenge Ray Rice to a fight.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yards per attempt is more important. Higher than Luck

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Dude the Colts aren't "terrible." They went toe-to-toe with 2 teams that could be in the Superbowl. Even at 0-2 I think they are in the 2nd tier of contenders. Behind Sea, Den, Philly and maybe Cinci.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Well, it only took 1 week to eat crow :p

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? A good game against the Jags is what you think should change people's minds?

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Maybe I overreacted over 1 win against the Jags, but people are overreacting over Indi losing to two great teams. You said Indi was a terrible team, isn't that a little much?

Andrew Luck is a good QB and will be a great QB. I hate the guy but that's just obvious.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the questions about Luck have been forming since he was drafted, he hasn't quite ever been an elite level QB and he has a bad habit of turning the ball over. There's no question that he's a good QB, but people don't talk about him as a good QB, they talk about him as a great QB and he's simply not one....at least not yet.

Also, Indy IS a terrible team, that doesn't mean that they aren't going to win some games and beat teams like Jacksonville. They are over reliant on their offense, and their defense is disgusting. Take away their good QB and they'd have a top 5-10 pick in the draft. As it stands, they are probably looking at 7 to 10 wins and an early exit in the playoffs if they make it in at all.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yes the rockets own the knicks. ha HA

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Wasn't Luck's TO issue only in his 1st season, not his 2nd? Anyhow, it's minutiae whether or not Luck is good or very good. He's the best QB in the division and he's getting better, which kinda sucks from a Texans' fan perspective.

15. t_mac1

Lol, they are winning their division. The division sucks. And by the end of the year, Luck will improve. He's already finishing his drives better this year than his first 2 years. 9 TDs through 3 games. And he should have had 6 today if Fleener didn't drop a perfect thrown ball and I think another dropped one on another drive.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He got fairly lucky when it comes to dropped interceptions, but it's still an issue. He certainly is the best QB in the division, but that means pretty much nothing because there really aren't any worth a damn QB's in this division.

As to how it relates to the Texans, unless he ever takes his game to the next level, and there's no evidence of that at all, the Colts having a good QB is nice and all but it's not going to carry their team all that far. The Colts have a lot they have to do with their roster before they are going to be a team that anyone has to worry all that much about.

17. t_mac1

Luck's main issue in his first 2 years, in my opinion, is his inability to finish drives (get touchdowns rather than settling for field goals). He looks good so far in that department in the first 3 weeks.

He still needs to get rid of the ball quicker ala Manning (that's primarily due to his poor o-line), but that will make him a more decisive QB.

But I think he will make that step to the "elite" level by season's ends. He's getting better every week so far this year. And he has to b/c this team goes as Luck goes.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The division really does suck, but I wouldn't be sure about the Colts winning it, they really are a bad team despite the fact that they beat the Jags.

The Colts have a decent shot at winning the division, but not really any better of a shot at it than the Titans or Texans. The division wouldn't be as pathetic as it is if there was any legit teams at all.

19. t_mac1

I will bet you the Colts will win the division running away. Not only b/c the division sucks, but b/c the Colts' schedule is easy.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone in the division has an easy schedule, partly because every team in the division sucks....including the Colts. If anyone in the division wins 10 games I'll be shocked.