1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Name 1 thing you are 99.9% sure about after Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by steddinotayto, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's irrelevant because they aren't going to have Mathis all year long. I think If Cushing and Schuab never got hurt, the Texans would have been to the SB by now, but that hypothetical doesn't help anything.

The Eagles aren't a very good team. The Colts lost because they have no defense, and Andrew Luck isn't the QB that he's been billed as. He's a good QB, an above average QB, but he's not a special QB.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

3. Major

Major Member

Indy lost by one possession to a pair of teams that each could legitimately go 13-3 or better. They are still likely to end the season with 10+ wins and another entry into the playoffs.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The eagles had line set at 9 wins for season win total o/u by Vegas. Not sure how you got 13 or better?

And they lost to them at home. That's not good.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Texans O/U was what last year?

Come on man! Vegas is good, but they do get plenty of things wrong.

6. Mr. Clutch

Yes but 13 wins or more for the eagles?

7. Major

Major Member

I'm not Vegas. They went 9-3 last year with Foles in their first year in that system. I have little doubt that they will be much better in the system this year. I think they and Seattle will be the best teams in the NFC this year - we'll see though.

Certainly true. Still don't see them having much trouble getting to 10 wins - 2 vs Jax, 2 vs Tenn, 1 vs Hou, Pitt, NYG, Cleveland, Dallas all seem like likely wins. That's 9 - then they just need 1 out of their other 5 (Hou, Bal, Cinci, NE, Wash).

8. Mr. Clutch

13 wins is still way too high. Seattle and Denver are set at 11 and 11.5.

And those wins are more a function of a crappy schedule. Doesn't mean they're actually good. They certainly didn't look like a contending team.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

It's hard to say considering Mathis's monster 2013 was fueled by PED's.

10. Major

Major Member

I also think it's silly to keep saying Indy just gets lucky. Last year, they beat a 13-3 Denver, 13-3 Seattle, 12-4 San Fran, and 11-5 KC. You don't do that by accident.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. I think the Colts have a good QB, but they got incredibly lucky the last 2 years. We'll see how they look later on this year.

The Broncos got up by a ton and then sort of shut down and let them almost back into the game, they did the exact same thing in week 2 against the Kansas City Chiefs who were stomped out by the Titans in week 1.

When it comes to week 2, they were beaten by an Eagles team that has almost no defense to speak of. Of course, the reason they lost was because their head coach is an idiot who called a pass play instead of the obvious run play to set up the FG to put them up 2 scores late, but having bad coaching is part of the Colts problem.

The Colts have poor coaching, no pass rush whatsoever, they're giving up 30 points a game right now, and they are over reliant on Andrew Luck who isn't the elite QB that he was billed as. I think the Colts top out at 9 wins max this season.

As for the Eagles, I know you think they can win 13, but their 2 wins are very similar to the Texans' first 2 wins last year, I'd be shocked if they were any more than a 10 win team.....and the only reason they'd win that many is because their division is a joke.

12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 99.9% sure the NFL has a 'roid rage problem.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Lucky is one game. Or maybe 2. Or you can push it 3.

But 2 years? LOL

Andrew Luck isn't anywhere close to where he can be, but that's primarily due to an unreliable running game and lack of an offensive line.

I'm sorry but Wilson has a great line and RB.
    Kaep has a great line and RB.
    Same with Foles.

Teams don't stack the line to stop the Colts' running game. TEams do do that v. Seattle, 49ers, and Eaglers.

Luck is the only stable player for the Colts. He can be better, but his surroundings aren't as great as the players that have been mentioned in this thread.

14. Mr. Clutch

Here come then excuses for Luck.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

What excuses? 11 wins first 2 years in the league? No one is making excuses for him.

But it doesn't take a NFL guy to know McCoy, Gore, and Lynch would make ANY QB's job easier. ANY.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another NFL player will hit somebody

17. Buck Turgidson

They're just training too much.

18. Buck Turgidson

We've all b****ed about the Texans' drafts, but I'm amazed that the Colts have so little talent to show for the past 3 or so drafts and their FO is still employed.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yee, like Derek Newton sucks, man. Oh ****, wait.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The seahawks are overrated