1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nachbar

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AGBee, Apr 18, 2007.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Word, I would rather have Stevie back than WhoMikeJames.

Let's hope he gets bought out.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Even though they lost, Boki with another solid performance...in the playoffs.

DD

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yep. Boki looking very good in the playoffs. Imagine.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

he has been rock solid

glad he has it going, nice fit in New Jersey

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

can't we just let go already?

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I am betting Rod Thorn signs and trades Vince Carter this summer for big man help, maybe even somebody like Pao and Boki is given Vince's starting position.

7. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Boki has rocked these playoffs. We could really use his 3 point shooting right now.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We could also use Tim Duncan's rebounding, D'wayne Wade's penetration, and Steve Nash's passing... what else could we really use that we can't get?

He had five years in the NBA before he showed anything... credit is given for him improving enough to stay in the league, but no team can afford to give somebody that long to make his mark.

9. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Difference is, we never had any of those players, while we had Boki. He was making a minimal salary so we could have kept him. Unfortunately, JVG is a terrible judge of talent and let him go. JVG cannot develop talent, but can only work with people with proven nba talent already. Another JVG screw up letting Boki go. We need to sign boki back, once he becomes a FA.

10. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Boki is the reason I follow Nets this season. I guess Nets fans will call me BOF and not a true Nets fan in that regard. I admit I am guilty as charged. :cool:

Wow, what can I say about his playoff performance? He was the most reliable scorer in these two games so far. It was a joy watching him hit those 3s from all angles and drove and slashed for lay-ups, dunks and and 1. Remember, he did this coming off from bench and with limited opportunities (majority of the time, the ball was in the hand of that inefficient, jumper-shooting happy wuss Vince Carter) .

If Boki can keep this up, it won't be hard for him to get the whole MLE when his contract expires next season. Now, if Nets can find a way to SNT Carter and get some quality big men and slashers, they could be a contender in the eastern conference.

11. Major

Major Member

Apparently, Rudy, his coach in New Orleans, and the coaches in New Jersey last year and the first two months of this year all had the same problem. :rolleyes:

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I hear Detroit is considering losing their first round playoff series on purpose, due to the sheer embarassment of getting rid of Darko Milicic (and wasting the #2 pick in the draft on him).

I also hear the Celtics are getting ridiculed for trading away Chauncy Billups... they should have been able to forsee that NBA finals MVP 8 years later would justify using the #3 pick on him.

Nachbar was NOT the player he is now 2 years ago, or even last year. He finally worked his ass off due to the fact that he would be OUT OF THE LEAGUE if he tried to keep skirting along without a shot, and with minimal effort on defense (his biggest weaknesses after being drafted).

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Agreed - I'm glad he is doing well

14. DaDakota

See this is where we differ.....

I think he finally DEVELOPED, once given the opportunity. I don't think his NBA job was ever in jeapordy.

Do you have a link for any of this?

IMO, it is all about opportunity and him getting his confidence, and he could have become this player EARLIER if given the chance.

DD

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

i don't think any of this accurately describes nachbar. just because he wasn't getting playing time doesn't mean he wasn't working his ass off, or putting in minimal effort on the defensive end. he had fans here because he WAS trying hard, and he was showing signs of improvement. his shot had already improved even as a rocket; he was leading the league for awhile and was still a top 10 3pt shooter at the time we traded him. he obviously wasn't as good then as he is now, but i think the reason people keep bringing him up is because this wasn't the same level of unpredictability as chauncey becoming a finals mvp or darko becoming a total 0. a plethora of people noticed nachbar's talent and saw that he would develop into a good player; it wasn't like he was trash when he played. he always showed enough to give people hope that he would become better. so i think it's completely fair for people to say we shouldn't have traded nachbar if those people were at the same time praising him while he was a rocket, before he became the player he is today. i'm totally with you though if people are just wishing we had nachbar now because they've seen him play well this year, without ever supporting him while he was a rocket.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

speaking about nets

jkidd 12 pts 16 asts 11 rebs in 18 min (just halfway thru 3rd qtr)

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

up to 14 pts 15rebs and 18 assists now, amazing line

18. Panda

Panda Member

Boki's first two years on the Rockets shouldn't count as development phase, he was treated like a bag of peanuts.

19. jlwee

jlwee Member

Like it or not, so far in the playoffs, Boki has outscored the entire rockets' bench......

20. DaDakota

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE....case closed.

DD