1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

N4's Annual Nuggets Season Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Birdman NO un un dont think so & Lawson maybe :cool:

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I thought the Scola play that put the Rockets up was symbolic for both teams. For the Rockets, it shows the grit and determination we've come to expect form this team. For the Nuggets, not so much.

As talented as the Nuggets are, the fact that they let a slower, shorter guy beat them to a rebound, go to the floor, make an awkward pass, get off the floor, run the court, take a pass at the free throw line, and go in for an uncontested layup while getting a ticky-tack matador foul encapsulates the Nuggets issues. Where were the Denver bigs on that play? How does Scola encounter only token resistance at the top half of the lane? The Nuggs have guys that play great... no, make that phenomenal... offense at times, but do they have the mentality to gut it out in a tough playoff series? Can they make the good crunch-time basketball play on D consistently? I think not and I think tis game proves the point again.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

George could use everyone's prayers/positive affirmations/happy thoughts right now.

Not sure if this was posted here or not, but here's an article by Rick Reilley (who I'm not normally a fan of) on what George is going through. George vs the Dragon

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

read this earlier and that totally sucks and i wish him the best.

i am not a fan of GK going back to the seattle days but i have nothing against him as a person of course and he has been a great coach for denver.

hopefully adrian dantley can hold the fort down for now

5. MONON

MONON Member

My prayers go out to George Karl, his family and Nuggets4 & all the Nuggets fans.

6. Nuggets4

[​IMG]

Here lies the Denver Nuggets 2009-10 Season.

11/28/09 - 3/29/10

R.I.P.​

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

ummm why? Did I miss an injury memo?

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Nope but they have been on a horrid losing streak, think they are 1 and 6 in the last 7 games if I remember correctly...

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

oh... see I stop paying attention for a week or so and this is what happens.

Thanks for the info.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My sympathies, although I haven't given up just yet. I know both Karl and K-Mart are now looking doubtful but you never know. The key to hope is getting a favorable 1st round matchup. You probably want to play the Suns or Mavs and avoid the Lakers & Jazz, then hope Karl returns for the 2nd round.

Remember how down in the dumpster you were last year around this time before things turned around. Yes, this season is different but anything can happen.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Whenever Houston does this, the team goes on an insane run. This will have the same effect. Nuggets vs Cavs in The Finals.

12. Nuggets4

Actually, give me the Jazz in the first round. I know we played them early in the season, but we owned them this year. 3-1. One of our wins came when we were without Chauncey AND Melo and the one loss we were without them as well if I remember correctly.

I just find it funny that a lot of Nugs fans two preferred whipping boys were Karl & KMart. Now they're starting to see how valuable those two really are to the team. Without KMart, this team has ZERO backbone. He's a jackass, but no one can deny how much KMart gives every night in effort and defense. As for Karl, some of his substitutions leave me scratching my head (nothing like what Dantley has done so far though...good lord), but the man has a strong hold over the team. They respect him. They listen to him. And anyone who can get these knuckleheads to listen deserves props.

Also, I want to point out that I'm not complaining. It's been a hell of a season and we're in the playoffs so I can't complain.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lmao! :grin:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5051607

#93 Uprising, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  14. Asian Sensation

^^^ I could totally see K-mart spazzing out over that with that crazy tick thing he does.

15. Nuggets4

Dear Rockets and Rockets Fans,

Thank you.

Hugs & Kisses,

N4 (and the Nuggets & their fans as well)

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

is always a pleasure to beat the utah jazz!! :cool:

17. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

the nuggets are collasping here tonight against the suns they are down 85-63 late in the 3rd quarter and a loss here tonight will drop them out of 3rd place in the west and leave their faith up to the jazz losin at home to suns. denver has had a horrible finish to this season!!!

18. RocketMania1991

The Nuggets seem like one of those teams that just turns it off and on at times.

They seem lazy and lacking of effort.

19. Nuggets4