1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

N4's Annual Nuggets Season Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm guessing McDyess to Denver for the 19th time is one of them

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wait, you know Jose too?

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Nugs (obviously) lost out on Tyrus Thomas because Chicago decided that Charlotte's pick was a better one than ours. We'll see if they can land someone, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Doesn't McDyess have a tunnel built from his house directly to Denver? If he doesn't, he seriously should.

5. Nuggets4

Bingo. Remote possibility, but apparently they tried at one point. The third player I hinted at was Ben Wallace.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Good win against the Cavs, Congrats!

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You missed NOTHING by not getting Tyrus Thomas. He is a bust. He's like Stromile Swift with a pinch more brains, a sorry attitude and a sense of entitlement. You don't want anything to do with him. He is nothing more than a tease who cannot sustain good play over long periods of time. The problem is between his ears. He is not talented or skilled and does not have much potential. Athletically, he has incredible hops but not much else. Not skilled enough to be a 3 and doesn't bring nearly enough to the table to be a full-time 4.

I guess people saw Shawn Marion in him, but ain't no way at all. I've seen through Tyrus Thomas since the day he was drafted.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sounds like the rest of the Nugget's post players. Mwuahhaha.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Anyone else catch this game last night. Probably the best one I've seen all year. Watching Melo and Bron going at it in the 4th and in OT was a freaking treat. Not to mention seeing Shaq out there as well. Dude looks big, old, and slow.

10. Nuggets4

[​IMG]

:grin:

I'm not as high on him as a lot of other people (Kelly Dwyer's piece kind of caught me off guard a few weeks ago), but Thomas would have been nice if for no other reason that we have NO depth up front. Bird strained his back last night and Nene fouled out. Do you know what that meant? Had there been more than ~30 seconds left, we would have had to play Malik Allen. That's a recipe for disaster.

Reportedly the Nugs are going to go HARD after Big Z. I don't see him going anywhere other than Cleveland, but I'm praying.

BTW, don't want to derail this thread, but I have to say that I LOVE what you guys did yesterday. Well, let me re-phrase that, as a fan of a Western Conference team I hate it. As a fan of watching the Rockets on League Pass, I loved it. Once the GARM calms down a little bit, I'll wade in there somewhere. I'm really hoping someone has brought up the Chris Ballard book interview with Battier by now.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Actually, what I've noticed from this trade that's pretty funny is how differently the various other fanbases are viewing this trade.

Off the top of my head, the Lakers fans think that Houston utterly got ripped off as they hate Kevin Martin because he's a King and because they never seem to use the draft to get good players so they don't value picks (seriously, Bynum was the last good player they got through the draft that's still with them, and that was 2005. They also got Farmar in 2006, but whatever).
    The Cavaliers fans think Morey is a genius on the level of their GM because they're certain that since Lebron will stay with them, Houston utterly wrecked NY in the process and guranteed that Lebron will never come there as New York has almost no assets whatsoever.
    Knicks fans like the deal because LOL LEBRON.
    And the Nuggets fans I guess are annoyed because now A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS. Pretty amusing, really.

< Good. >

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

One thing about the Nuggets is that they are clutch. Melo and Billups are two of the most clutch players in the NBA. Also, JR Smith is deadly at any given time.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

JR Smith is often deadly to the Nuggets also.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

N4, sorry it was your team that lost tonight. Would prefer it had been the Lakers, Jazz or Mavs. That was a great win for the Rockets . They needed this one badly. With Melo in a zone throwing down 45 points, I didn't think the Rockets had a chance. The non-traveling call on Melo really ticked me off.

Anyway, I hope you guys overtake the Lakers and get home-court. But this was a major boost to the Rockets and their fans in Houston.

15. zoids

zoids Member

Sorry to break this to you, this game shouldn't even be close if not the refs. :mad:

Good game though I admit, both teams played their hearts out.

16. Nuggets4

OK, I'm sorry, but BS. Period. There were tons of horrible calls, but it was a two way street. BOTH teams got hosed. It's called "Kenny Mauer". Get over it.

/rant

We won't catch LA. Period. Without KMart, I'll be thrilled if we can just hold on to #2. We're hurting right now. No KMart, no Lawson, no Karl. Just weather the storm and make it to the playoffs.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Carmelo really got treated like Jordan last night.

18. delishman

delishman Member

While Carmelo did get some special treatment.. that really should be that big of a surprise. Its a superstars league. With that said.. The Nuggets got their fair share of bad calls. I would say both teams were pretty equally frustrated with the refs.

Impressed by Nene.. hes better than I thought. Still believe this Nugget's team chance was last year though.

19. herro

herro Member

There's absolutely no way the Rockets got as many preferential calls as Denver. It wasn't even close.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Being in colorado, I watched the game with Nugs fans last night. Even they were laughing at the calls in their favor last night.

Some others thoughts on the game, Nene played terrible last night offensively, one of the worst games I've seen outta him in a while. Trevor Ariza also has no business guarding melo, he was pathetic last night