1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MyFoxHouston] Former Rocket Patrick Patterson shocked by trade, thanks the fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It maybe more a blessing to PPat because the Rockets were going to go after a prized free-agent this summer. Had PPat stayed, he probaly would of been treated like Scola, or Lowry. It is sad that we can't keep everyone, but to become a prime contender, we have to let some of them go. No matter where all the ex-Rockets go, I still have an interest for them, unless your Rudy Gay (the rookie player).

2. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

At least PP will look good in Kings uni

3. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I feel really bad for him. He has to go to that cancerous organization. Best of luck.

5. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Good luck PPat, and come back to Houston when you learn to rebound.

6. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I miss him already. He really started to come around and play well, even get some boards as of late. I just wish it didn't come so late. Hope he ends up having a good career, he's a good guy and deserves it.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Really feel bad about letting Patterson go, and Douglas.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

damn, and he just started doing those live streams for us as well :(

9. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Second time we've 'King'd' a consummate professional power forward. First Landry and now 2Pat.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Post-trade interview with PPat:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SJiIvSGIcKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Already miss PPat. Would have won last night with him.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Consumate professional...i am concerned if he can develop further in that toxic environment though.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

One thing that Patterson hasn't been credited with was his locker room presence. He was one of the most vocal in calling out Harden when he started playing ISO-Ball to the detriment of the team during that losing streak.

Now Harden is playing within the flow of the offense and learning when to assert himself rather than just dominating possessions and stagnating the offense.

14. borednsleepy

borednsleepy Member

I never like mid season move unless you are doing badly. We were ok'ed' good, I just hope the change won't hurt our playoff chance.