1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Wife, the Optimist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Nov 22, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The OP's wife seems to be applying only Optimistry to the Rockets without performing an eye test.

2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Well.....from what I remember, nobody expected the Rangers to do squat, they overachieved.
    The Rockets are supposed to be CONTENDERS, so they're vastly underachieving.

So, the Rangers making the playoffs and losing in the first round, probably meant a good season for them...

If the Rockets make it into the playoffs and lose in the first round after a 2-0 lead, this season will still be a massive failure.....

3. malakas

malakas Member

who knows how the team will be by then. I think there will be trades and big changes regardless if we start winning some games. And then the new players will have to intergrated again into the team.
    The season is far from over we are only at the beginning.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Your wife is an idiot

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, unless Hakeem is walking through that door there's no way. I mean you're right that was a ****ty season and then Drexler trade peaked at the right time to recover some wins and take it into the playoffs. But unless Hakeem/Drexler can teach effort and competitiveness I don't see it. Obviously if some magical trade happens, sure it's early enough.

And again, I agree it's early enough in the season but I'm pretty damn pessimistic lately... Too many years of this **** and unfortunately it's not all on H&H, it's me looking at the last 20 years and having basically having 2-4 years that were worth a ****.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It's not the record. It's the way the Rockets were/are playing.

Rockets were supposed to be a contender.
    Contenders don't play like this.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

My wife is an incurable optimist, but the best I've gotten out of her (as regards the Rockets) this season has been: "Ain't lookin' too good."

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Team needs some Bulldogs

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That coverage was so bad demps.....

Jesus

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Im still hopeful but man it's hard to watch the 4th quarter knowing we will likely lose

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Wow.. Seriously, thats how you talk to fellow Rockets fans on this site? GEEZ, go fck yourself. Yes, thats an appropriate response to an idiot.

2 people like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

David Wesley

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Apart from impulsively responding to a wife troll, lol... I will say 1 more thing. She didn't think we were contenders before the season started unless there was some big change. Shes been watching for 7 years now (lol so for longer than some on here) and a week after GS beat us, she said perhaps it was a good thing, because a team that obviously has something special going on helped to highlight our flaws... Too many TOs, over dependence on Harden, and what seemed like a hacking up shots strategy.

Sadly, the unbiased side of me agreed with her.

We weren't going to win a championship under McHale. The Warriors, for the most part, appeared to be a far superior team... as much as that might upset me to say. Getting Ty made me feel a little hope, but really I felt nervous about being really tested in the playoffs. Well face better coaches, better stars, and sometimes teams with BOTH. I don't think Bickerstaff is the answer.... And I'm not happy about how things are going, so my expectations now are truly low.

In the end though we still have many very good pieces. As hard as it is to say... It is still early, and things can be done that will propel us forward again. Were we truly contenders though? Maybe WCF again at most under McHale, but hopefully post-McHale will help us further in the future.

14. shlhl

shlhl Member

Let's get drunk like Ty Lawson and dream that we are the champions. Seriously, we still do not have the point guard and power forward we need to compete .:confused:

15. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

:p

[​IMG]

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There is some truth to this. I think the point in which I knew McHale wasn't right for us was Golden State game 3. Not a single guy showed up to compete. Harden was drained, we should have come back to Houston up 2-0, not down it. Games 1 and 2 we gave it our all, but we were missing that small fraction of something. Coaching definitely was an issue, but so were the players. Too much inconsistency, too much freedom on the defensive end.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I approve of this post. :grin:

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Not so subtle attempt at finding out how hot OP's wife is and whether he can steal her from OP or at least get her to cheat with him.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

When I read "found out the Rockets lost," it's hard for me to take the "die-hard" claim seriously...

Watch the games!

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Didn't catch the game tonight. It at least looks like the Rockets competed. So there's that...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/668281023885541376">November 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He missed the game too, are you gonna say he isn't a die-hard. People miss games. It happens.