1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My take on Mallett from today

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That play absolutely baffled me
    I was thinking WHAT THE HELL WAS WASHINGTON LOOKING AT??

Rocket River

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Mallet's was the best in our division yesterday. I'd say around 12th off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Luke McCown, Brady, Eli, Dalton, Cam, and I'm sure one or two others were better.

Big Ben was ahead by tenths of a point.

I thought Mallett played well.

I said it in the other thread, but based off the small sample size, Mallett seems to be an average quarterback in the NFL, with some room to grow.

I think by the end of the year, there will be a small contingent of fans that want to roll with Mallett and build the line versus those that want a new QB.

I'm not sure what I think. At this point, I think Mallett goes on to become a place holder for another year while whoever we draft (Hackenberg) sits for a year.

3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but if he doesn't go out and complete 70% of his passes, throws for 350 yards, 3 TD's and no INT's, there will be people here who say he looked bad. I don't understand that.

He had a good game yesterday. He didn't conquer the world, but he had a good day. It's a good step forward for a guy who is still learning the ropes.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Washington looked like Forest Gump running through middle fire in Vietnam.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Favre and Flacco comes to mind in comparions to Ryan Mallet...QB's that are erratic ( accuracy issues), and wild have been known to win superbowls like them....and NO I'm NOT saying Mallet is in that category by any stretch of the imagination only having a handfull of NFL starts...however, he's got the same kinda QB traits and flaws in his game. Favre had a hall of fame Career and Flacco's has 2 QB rings and one of the highest paid if not highest paid QB in the league right now.

Love hate relationship that produced superbowl rings eventually for them. So it's been proven that a QB can look bad throwing a bunch of INT's and still win superbowl rings.

Texans are a MILE away from a super bowl rings but the "Curious Case of Ryan Mallet" is still yet to be determined in my opinion...still too early

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Mallett is completing 76.9% of his play action passes. 10 of 13, 7th in the NFL. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/648524158779850752">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The entire narrative changes if Washington catches that ball.

8. conquistador#11

and the dropped pass by hopkins on 3rd and . Hopkins could have moonwalked to the endzone 30 yards out. Washington also tripping last week. Mallet stats should be
    6 tds/ 3ints, I threw in an extra int because of football reasons. His rating would come out to 90.6.

He clearly gets out the ball quicker than hoyer or fitzie, allowing for this glued up offensive line to not allow as many sacks and hurries.

the more the receivers get used to mallet's balls the softer they will feel in their hands.:p

I think people are scared to realize that mallet is good enough to hold the position until hackenberg gets familiar with our offense. they want their 'franchise qb' now.