1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My take on Mallett from today

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 20, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Then why do you judge TB so harshly? If you're all about making excuses for ****ty QB play, why not give credit when QB play isnt ****ty?

2. rezdawg

If he gets the ball out quickly, then he's not facing pressure...he's just ****ing up his throws.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, everything revolves around Bridgewater with jokers like you....it's sad. I wouldn't be talking about how great Mallett did if he'd only thrown the ball 18 times and had the run game win the game for the team either. That kind of thing doesn't really count either.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's keep this Texans related from here on out, if you want to blow your boy Bridgewater, there's a thread in the NFL section for that. You might have to wait in line though because the rest of the cult will probably be there with their mouths open already.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well that plus his lack of playing due to getting beat for PT, and him not looking like he belongs on the field (other than being able to throw hard), I don't think he's very good and I don't think he will be very good.

But all this is whatever. I should just shut up because get no joy out of Mallett being bad. Or the o-line. Or the RBs. I get nothing out of arguing which of our mediocre QBs sucks least. It really doesn't matter because I don't see us doing anything with either of them this year or in the future. So I will check out of this discussion.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

BOB needs to tell Mallet it's your job and you 'aint losing it. Not Luck when he was drafted or Winston/Marriota this year, were looking over their shoulder. I want the same luxury for Mallet so we can answer the QB question this year. It's his job all year no matter what and then we have our answer.

7. rezdawg

The TB talk is just for fun, bc its enjoyable to see you make certain excuses for one player while knocking a player for trivial things. Your "QB analysis" is hilarious, so its just a way to poke fun at you when I'm bored.

1 person likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably for the best.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If only Bobby would check out of this forum... a man can dream no?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Someone has to keep this forum at least a little sane. It's a rough job, but I do it anyway.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A week after going 5 of 20 on passes 10+ yards.
    Ryan Mallett was 9-17 for 141 yards vs. the Bucs on throws 10+ yards. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/648512836101017600">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> QB Ryan Mallett was 7-of-8 on play-action passes, including 3-of-3 for 60 yards targeting DeAndre Hopkins, per <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo">@ESPNStatsInfo</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/648299352180428800">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Mallett is completing 76.9% of his play action passes. 10 of 13, 7th in the NFL. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/648524158779850752">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. Raven

Raven Member

They're cherry picking stats. He hasn't looked good.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

How much better would his numbers have looked if Washington would have turned around and caught that pass (which was perfectly thrown) and taken it to the house?

Of course, didn't he also have an INT dropped? So maybe this kind of stuff evens out over the course of the game.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Mallett looked good yesterday.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Only his 4th healthy start in the NFL. Your expectations are the problem, not Mallet.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3rd healthy start, 4th start overall.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I counted 2 missed INTs.

There were some drops but there were also some bad misses. There were several 3rd downs that weren't converted simply because Mallett wasn't accurate and missed an open receiver.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mallett completed 61% of his passes despite 4 drops and one pass that was perfectly thrown to Washington who wasn't paying any attention. Sure there were some bad passes....but what do you expect? Even the best QB's in the NFL have a couple bad passes a game. As to missed interceptions, I don't count it as a missed interception when a linebacker manages to get a hand on a bullet pass because they'll never catch those one handed. I think I counted one missed interception on a pass where Mallett didn't see the LB underneath. Either way, that's pretty damn good for a guy in his 3rd healthy start of his career.

20. rezdawg

Mallett played a lot better yesterday than last week. His performance last week was almost as terrible as it gets, even when taking into consideration the poor run blocking.

Yesterday, he made good throws with some bad throws, but overall, it was a positive. He did throw two balls that should have been picked off...but also one ball to Washington that would have resulted in a long pass, if not a TD.

More good plays than bad plays though, so that's a positive.