1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My research says the Rockets fans have the best BBS!!!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jamalccc, May 27, 2003.

1. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Well, I searched through almost all the BBSes around the league, and to my greatest amazement, the clutchcity BBS has the heaviest traffic, BY A THOUSAND MILES!!!

Here is the data I collected by research:

#Threads #Posts #Users

KingsFans.com: 9560 145976 1332
    kingsfanclub.com XXXX 99057 853

LakersTalk.com 8819 136226 XXXX
    lakersground.net 4315 52343 3412

Dallas-mavs.com 9121 XXXXXX 1151
    Mavtalk.com 4538 56144 1532

sonicscentral.com 1798 16671 360

Jazzhoops.com XXXX 165200 769

clippertalk.cjb.net XXXX 15693 781

basketballboard.net 30256 361724 4261

Clutchcity.net 57161 884040 12150

Well, here you have it. I am astounished by how much better clutchcity is than the rest of the league. The most telling story is the numbers from basketballboard.net. That very popular board is composed of all the fans from the league (althought they are dominated by Bulls/Blazers/Lakers fans). However, their traffic is only half of ours and their users are only 1/3 of those of clutchcity. Of course, I understand I only listed a few team's BBS. The reason is that I can't find good forums for the rest of the league, particularly in the East. Only these team listed have decent BBSes that are worth mentioning. If these are the best, you can imagine how pathetic the number from the rest of league would be compared to ours.

I understand these numbers might not be precise due to the imperfection of this research. However, no matter how imperfect they are, they are story-telling. I think the Houston Rockets HAVE THE BEST OFFICIAL BBS IN THE NBA, PROBABLY THE WHOLE WORLD, AND THE ROCKETS FANS ARE THE BEST BBSERS!!!

I think it's not too cheesy to say that the founders and moderators of Clutchcity have done the best job in the whole world (although our threads get locked sometimes ;) ). I feel blessed to be Rockets fan that we have the best BBS.

However, I am really wondering why clutchcity has such a draw. Do we have the best fans? The home attendance in Compaq Center isn't impressive at all. I am sure it has something to do with the fans that come here because of Yao Ming, particularly the Chinese fans. But are the Yao fans really made this much difference? I didn't know the number for this site before Yao came on board, so I didn't know. Do any of the seniors of seniors know what was going on before last season?

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

CONGRATS TO CLUTCH AND THE REST OF THE CLUTCH CREW! keep it up! here comes the new rocs era!!! yall ready for it?!

3. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I think you meant most popular as indicated by activity of posters, number of unique posters.

4. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Maybe its because this site is that much more kickass than any other site out there:)

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The admins are the best, no doubt. The old timers have established a very good culture here. We should give them props. Intelligent, respectful, knowledgeable discussions are encouraged, while BS, name-calling are discouraged, locked or even banned.

As I've said before, we set our BS-detector very high. You've got to backup everything you say here.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Just an FYI: this board was legendary before anyone knew who Yao was, and Clutch has booted off a LOT of "Yao" only fan's.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I am sure that tall Chinese guy has something to do with this.

8. SLA

SLA Member

WE ARE THE BEST!!!

9. B

B Contributing Member

The numbers before Yao would still put us better than all of the listed BBS above.

B

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

And that's based on boxscores only.

The real measure of the best is the quality of the posts, discussion, and analysis.

Hands down -- cc.net is the best board of the bunch. Hard working admins and a good group of posters.

Take a bow.