1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction for Morey's next move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sun12, Nov 9, 2013.

1. sun12

sun12 Member

Morey has to work with the existing roster even though both Harden and Howard are flawed.

Harden won't play defense. Howard is really not playing well. Typically when a star player like Howard got injured, did not play well for a year, the player will come back strong and play extremely well (Kobe's prediction). Alas, not for Howard this year, so something definitely is wrong with Howard. Anyway, I believe this is what Morey will do in terms of priority:

1. Help Harden on defense
    a) Get a defensive wing, SF. This means Parson is gone.
    b) get a defensive real PG, not Beverley. So Beverley most likely will be gone or demoted.
    c) Lin will play off the bench or traded if the right player comes along. Lin is playing well, he can penetrate, he can score, his shooting percentage is up, his defense is improving, but his skill set overlaps with Harden, and not as good. And Lin's defense can not help Harden, so he is good, but does not fit as a starter with Harden. So what do you do? Lin has to play off the bench or traded if the right piece comes along. Morey actually might want a player like Lin on the roster, money is the issue though.

2. Asik will be traded for sure.

3. A PF who can defend and shoot the jumper, but it is not easy to get because it will cost money, you know Rox is always tight with money, so Morey won't be in a hurry as Howard can defend the paint well. So we'll see.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Morey wants a player like Lin but money is the issue?!?

Then why trade him when we already have him.

He is valuable to the team as the spark off the bench.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , they are tight with $$$ .... that's why they handed out to max contracts.

That's why they signed a multiple players to guaranteed deals in the offseason and cut them ...

That's why they amnestied Scola .... basically paying him to play for someone else ... because they are cheap.

4. sun12

sun12 Member

Lin costs 24mil over 3 years. As a spark off the bench, it is expensive. So money is the issue.

5. sun12

sun12 Member

It is common knowledge around the league that Rox is tight with money.

6. Possum

Possum Member

No it's not. That's rediculous. .

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I would rather have Hink to replace Morey
    Is Morey a good GM? Yes!
    Is Morey a great Gm? No!
    Yao+Tmac couldn't work;
    Howard & Harden will not work;
    Howard said too much, but he didn't do anything;
    Harden isn't a leader, and can't defense anyone

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They are smart with money, that's a huge difference.

Signing Harden, Howard plus Lin/Asik ate up a lot of our cap room. No way to sign a new player and go over the cap. That's why we could only get players on vet minimum contracts.

We can however sign our own RFAs and go over the cap. That's what we're waiting to do with Parsons if he ever proves viable as a 3rd star.

Why should you overspend for a team that won't contend? Look at Brooklyn Nets--way into the luxury tax and yet probably still not a contender.

We're still waiting on our roster. I think these losses though early in the season show we need a 3rd star. Because if either Howard or Harden are injured, then one star can't win games by himself.

To sign a 3rd star, we need to let go of Asik/Lin's contract or both.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Those are some really good adjustments. I agree with you

10. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Trade Jeremy Lin for a Shooting Guard.

11. Rockets123645

Rockets123645 Member

You cant't help harden **** defense with another defender if he's on the floor...

12. Baruch

Baruch Member

I like Lin but I think it will be a difficult situation for him and Harden if guys are unable to resolve the internal issues among themselves. In this case, I prefer him to be traded for a SF who can lift up our offense and defense.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Pretty idiotic statement.

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Trade for a SF? Is the plan to bench Parsons then? I assume you mean a legit 4 who can rebound and spread the floor?

15. LYT2010

LYT2010 Member

there is no perfect team, Howard is still the best center, Beverly is ok to start, I mean, at least he is aggressive on defense, Lin is a 6th man material.

just trade the fake-superstar for a real tough player, like Harden for Paul Pierce, like Harden for Iguodala, like Harden for OJ Mayo, like Harden for ... whoever, then~

BOOM!!! Problem solved!!!

16. calcium

calcium Member

With the poor'ish play recently, I wonder how much blame the front office is placing
    on the coaching staff.

Maybe his next move might be at that level and not at the player level :)

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

What exactly has Hinkie done to indicate he'd be a better gm than Morey?

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Trade Jeremy and you don't have a play-maker on the team. Harden is good at making plays but he calls his own number more often than not.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing Jeremy go to a team where he can play 30-33 minutes a game.

19. Penetrate&Creat

I have a feeling Morey is gonna pull some major strings to get Lamarcus Aldridge to Houston.

20. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

jeremy lin for derrick favors hes an okay 4