1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Petition to the Chinese posts problem; If you agree please put your names here too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forebay, Nov 10, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexVanderpool

that would be "HINDI" doc...sheesh, as many indian movies that you watch, id expect you to know that...

2. AlexVanderpool

caught it late

3. drapg

drapg Member

read my post right before you're post.

4. drapg

drapg Member

ahhh... the ills of posting simultaneously.

5. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn it, if Clutchs starts an all Chinese forum then we definitely have to have an all Ebonic forum... fo' sho'! ;)

6. daRox

daRox Member

lqwakefan, you've managed to annoyed a lot of people. You got any friends? I can't imagine anyone would want to be your friend. They'd spend all their time trying to make a point across your irrational mind. Of course, all are speculations.

7. daRox

daRox Member

lqwakefan, you've managed to annoy a lot of people. You got any friends? I can't imagine anyone would want to be your friend. They'd spend all their time trying to make a point across your irrational mind. Of course, all are speculations.

8. AlexVanderpool

fo shizzle mizzle nizzle..

9. drapg

drapg Member

Oh no you didn't.

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

hmmm, how about a cantonese or shanghainese forum? Some of us don't speak manderine that well ;)

11. lqwakefan

lqwakefan Member

No. I love Yao Ming, because even though he's in America, he stands out being strong and independent, and he always loves his country and his fellow countryman. I was referring to a few Chinese who sadly hovers in an English forum all day long while displaying a condescending attitude to fellow Chinese and Asians.

How do I know? When I said something the Americans don't want to hear, these Chinese tell me that I've disgraced them. Maybe I'm not a disagreeable fellow, but if you think all Chinese people in China are ignorant, then there's something wrong. A guy Yao-er-Yao (presumably one of the members here) in Yao Ming's forum just posted a post that he would never talk in that forum any more. He explained his decision as posters in China have low characters. Just want some of you to know.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Ok, I'm sorry I missed all this. Let me address this stuff quickly...

This is already done by Clutch. It's his board and he sets the rules.

There is NO WAY this is going to happen. First off, it is expensive and difficult enough to run the BBS for Clutch.

Second, there would absolutely be NO WAY for him to monitor the posts in there and take appropriate action and since Clutch is the ultimate authority on the board, this is a requirement.

Third, there are people who post in here from across the globe. The site has people from all over Euorope, South America, Russia, Asia, the Middle East, you name it. Just because there is a large influx of posters from China does't mean the site needs a Chinese component. Houston has nearly as many Spanish-speaking people here as we have English, yet there is no Spanish-only forum.

Lastly, I'm guessing that with the multiple Chinese dialects, it would be next to impossible to satisfy everyone in this regard.

If you want to post here, it will need to be in English. That is just reality. If you want a board dedicated to Chinese Rockets or Yao fans, go for it, but don't ask Clutch to do it. He provides enough already.

Seriously, don't you think this is done already? if you didn't know, it is. Every registration is approved directly by Clutch and, like Santa Claus, he knows when you've been naughty or nice.

Look, if you want to have an all-Chinese site dedicated to Yao and the Rockets, go for it. But try to remember that this is a board for THE ROCKETS and so many Chinese posters have entered this site and tried to turn it into their own personal shrine to Yao. As much as I believe all Rockets fans should be Yao fans, it is my opinion that all Yao fans SHOULD ALSO BE ROCKETS FANS.

I, for one, am thrilled with the excitement and enthusiasm generated by our friends in China and across the globe. I, personally, am a huge Yao fan and love the fact that he plays in Houston. But, don't ask for special priviledges from ClutchFans.net just because a few people are frustrated. This is a COMMUNITY for fans of the Rockets that has been here since 1997. Everyone will just have to learn to get along and play nice.

13. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

I think its fine. Someone usually translates it to english for us anyway. Besides, the Chinese posts are usually just something to do with Yao Ming, and if its big news we would have read it in an English news article anyways.

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I guess I'm one of the "conformists" you are refering to. If you read my posts in your other thread (that I think is locked now) you know several things

1) I don't just hover around English boards, I go to Chinese bbs's too.

2) I didn't just say it's disgraceful because you're saying something American's don't want to hear, you are saying something that to a lot of Chinese posters on here seems very rude and insulting, and in some respects just foolish.

3) I love my culture and my country. I go back to Shanghai as often as I could. I have family there that I love. I also constantly tell people Shanghai is probably one of the best cities in the world. I also read a ton of Chinese literature. Before you start attacking my love for culture and nationality, make sure you know me well enough. Hell, I came here when I was seven, and when most of the people I know that come here at that age are barely able to speak the language, I continue to teach my self how to read and write better, you don't do that if you don't love for the culture.

4) Man I must be such a conformist to Americans right, except the fact that if you know me on a personal level, I'm pissed at the politcizing of the Falung Gong sect and I agree with the Chinese gov't taking over Tibet because I think the people there are living better as a result. I don't march to the tunes of whatever media or general consent belives in which leads me to #5

5) I'm not a f*cking conformist, not only do I refuse to go against what ever mainstream is against, but I hate people who act and talk like non conformist just to conform to non conformity.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jeff, and other mods, do you guys have banning authority? Clutch is very busy and some troll like lqwakefan have been wasting enough of our time before it catches Clutch's eyes.

16. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

Calm down, people. It is not a big deal as long as someone could translate it into English.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

To everyone:

There is a link below EVERY post that says "Report this post to a moderator." If you think someone is over the line, click that under the offending post and it will be handled.

18. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

I don't have a problem with the regularities of this forum. If you don't want to see the post then don't read it.
    It's not like the page is swarm full of chinese post anyway. I come here twice a day and I only see the odd post maybe every week.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

What about the English Chinese from Hong Kong?

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I agree! I think we should have an English forum for the Chinese who are from Hong Kong. That way if you want to write/read in English you can go to this forum. Otherwise you can stay in the main forum, but make sure you only write in English there. Wait. I confused myself.
    Oh well. Just forget it. Keep everything in English. I guess you Hong Kong-nese will just have to suffer. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.