1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Opinion on 2013/2014 ROX lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by -Stokemeister-, Jul 3, 2013.

1. -Stokemeister-

-Stokemeister- New Member

First off I would like to say hey to all the CLUTCHFANS!! I have been around this website for awhile and lived in the Houston area my whole life! After reading thousands of post the past couple days about D12 and getting absolutely nothing accomplished at work I finally decided I would make an account and give some of my thoughts and opinions on what the upcoming Rox team could possibly look like next season! These are my opinions hopefully they go over well!

So to start all the speculation with who will be traded for JSmoove if we land D12 is rumors of Lin/Asik So for these purposes I will leave them both off my list because I just don’t know who will be moved.
    As it would stand without Lin/Asik our starting lineup would look like:

Beverley/Cannon
    Harden
    Parsons
    JSmoove
    D12

Overall Solid lineup besides the 1 spot so here are some suggestions:

Chauncey Billups (Great shooter won titles with Detroit Vet Point) Spreads the floor*

I think Billups will be a great fit at the point that we can sign for a cheaper salary and in my personal opinion he will be a great mentor to Cannon and help Cannons development. Billups will bring the playoff experience we need at the point and he knows what it takes to play point for a title team.

The next two guys I would like to point out both played for us last yr Garcia/Delfino I think either of these guys would be a great addition if we could get them for the right price (I personally prefer Delfino)

The Next guy is a wing defender which is a MUST in today’s league Corey Brewer I believe off the bench would give us a good 15-20 mins of hustle and D!

We have great prospects at the 4/5 spots already So after these changes our roster could be:

Billups/Bev/Cannon
    Harden/Delfino
    Parsons/Brewer/Garcia
    JSmoove/Jones/ DMO
    D12/Greg Smith

This roster will be able to play in the paint but also be able to defend and go small ball which is a must. Face it Miami has back2back titles teams need to be able to matchup with them. All this hate towards JSmoove makes no sense I saw someone say Chuck Hayes is better?!?!?!

JSmoove can guard post up bigs and help D at the rim then can go out and guard LBJ at the 3 point line(VERSATILE) He is a flow player who can make cuts and finish at the rim over players. He will strive with much better scoring options around him (his best years in ATL were when they had mult scorers besides him he does not need to be a point forward!!) We just need to get him at the right price! 10-15mil somewhere in between would be the the mark!

An identity we do not want to lose is our transition game where Harden is excellent! We have that with Harden/Parsons/Smoove running the court!

Vets are a must when making deep runs and keeping young players on course throughout a season and in big playoff games!

Well these are my personal opinions on what the 2013-2014 Rox team could possibly look like please don’t bash on me to much!

2. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

Billups/Bev/Cannon
    Harden/Delfino
    Parsons/Brewer/Garcia
    JSmoove/Jones/ DMO
    D12/Greg Smith

I wouldnt mind this

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Lin - Beverly
    Harden - Richard Hamilton
    Parsons - Garcia
    Josh Smith - D-mo
    Dwight Howard - Tim Ohlbrecht

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Houston Rockets 2013 - 2014 Roster:

PG: Jeremy Lin - Patrick Beverley - Isaiah Canaan
    SG: James Harden - Francisco Garcia - James Anderson
    SF: Chandler Parsons - Corey Brewer
    PF: Greg Smith - Terrence Jones - Donatas Montiejunas - Royce White
    C: Dwight Howard - Omer Asik - Tim Ohlbrecht

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That's too much for the center position. Asik is definitely GONE if Dwight comes to Houston. And you can't have Corey Brewer when you have TOO much money at center in Dwight and Asik.

6. dragician

dragician Member

reasonable guess.... and I like it.

7. CertifiedTroll

James Harden
    Chandler P
    Iggy
    Smooth
    Dwight

no bench

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Rough start....

9. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

I think Billups would be a great addition as well, and I am definitely on board for bringing Brewer to the team. I find it interesting that Tim Olbrecht is still on the books. Maybe they are keeping him for insurance in case they trade Asik, really would hate to see him leave but if they get Jsmoove and Howard I would gladly say goodbye.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this needed its own thread. A+ poster so excited that you joined

11. awc713

awc713 Member

iz thur ne way 2 trade 4 lebron

12. Little General

N 2 da O

13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think that we can acquire J-Smoove without getting rid of Lin! We would have to do a sign and trade of Asik, probably a pick, and Jones/D-Mo!
    So our lineup would look like....
    Lin/Beverly/Cannan
    Harden/???
    Parsons/???
    J-Smoove/G. Smith
    Howard/Olbrecht
    We would have to pick up a backup 2 and a backup 3 somehow! But it can be done!